New Lantao Bus section fare

Closed Thread

New Lantao Bus section fare

Any South Lantau residents here happen to know how much the section fare is from Mui Wo to Pui O? The New Lantao site appears to say $3.20, but the Government PTES site says $4.30.

And have they got their Octopus readers upgraded to be able to do section fares on them yet or is it still cash only unless you want to pay the full route fare?

That sounds like an improvement. So you would just touch in, touch out?

There ARE section fares? Wow. I recall a colleague of mine telling me that the biggest shortcoming of NLB was that it did not have section fares .......

Where else has them? I know about the bus from Central to Stanley that gives you a refund if you get off half-way ... does anything else?

Yes there are - the NLB site is clear on that. And you do see a lot of locals paying by cash to get from, say, Tong Fuk to Pui O.

But last time I tried getting it with my Octopus the result was that I got dinged for another full fare, hence my question.

All of the Stanley buses have section fares if you get up to Repulse Bay. There are others - but it would take ages going through the bus company websites to find them.

There are also BBI (bus-bus interchange) discounts when connecting between certain bus routes at certain places.

Does a $1.10 fare difference bother you if you're an expat?