YOUNG YOUTH CHURCHES IN HK.

YOUNG YOUTH CHURCHES IN HK.

Hey everyone! Is there any churches that people recommend with a young friendly vibe? I'm 20yrs and I went to a baptist church in NZ and haven't been to a service in a while. I'd like to get back into it! I live in Clearwater Bay and have only just moved here. Thanks guys

I assume you're going to university? Might be worthwhile asking around in the same age group...

Given your specifications, you might find the Vine is to your liking.

The Vine is really out there. Very good for some, but it terrified me. I don't jump up and down at church... I just don't.
    I go to Island ECC Island ECC :: A Dynamic English Speaking Church In Hong Kong out in Quarry Bay.

International Christian Assembly in North Point would be good to try - not nearly as rowdy as some of the AOG churches in OZ or NZ, but plenty of young people.
    It and the Vine both advertise in the Saturday edition of South China Morning Post, and of course have their own websites.
    If you want to get more involved in the local community, another good option would be Kowloon City Vineyard (bilingual), which meets most Sundays at the Australian International School in Kowloon Tong (at least one Sunday a month they are out doing community work). You can get more info about them on 2720 0179.

Last edited by chingleutsch; 20-04-2010 at 09:28 PM. Reason: to correct phone number!

Quote Originally Posted by pnut:
    The Vine is really out there. Very good for some, but it terrified me. I don't jump up and down at church... I just don't.
    I go to Island ECC Island ECC :: A Dynamic English Speaking Church In Hong Kong out in Quarry Bay.
    Uh oh this made me a bit nervous! The vine does look very cool though...

I went to the Vine in Central, once, and didn't find it too 'out there'. A bit of arm-waving every now and then, but no-one was jumping up and down.

It was a young and welcoming crowd and the band was good. Overall a very positive experience, however the message was perhaps a touch too commercial / evangelical for my taste. One of the regulars explained to me that I am "old school", and then hurriedly added that being old school was perfectly ok...