home insurance company

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hi,

Lizzie, if you want to apply for home insurance for your flat as a tenant, you may pay attention to the third party liability part, and of course, what they exclude. For home contents, normally this kind of policy only insures those possesed and acquired by you as a tenant. For existing home contents, it should be covered by landlord's own policy, if any... Though I am not really into insurance, this is the little knowledge I got in my job in a bank... I am looking for flatshare... I would consider home insurance only if my building is too old to make me feel unsafe. I am not quite risk-averse

And Sleuth, as far as I know, home insurance policy here includes expensive items under home contents

AXA not to be chosen

I have made the mistake to choose AXA (I am french .....) and, following a credit card thief, they totally refused to reimburse me the amount I was entitled, in contradiction with their conditions.
    I have now to submit the case to the Insurance Claims Complaint Bureau.
    Of course, I will not renew the premium, and choose a less expemsive one like AMEX, or do not even choose a new one.
    Hope it helps.

Choose Groupama (French insurance company).
    They are reliable.
    Tel : 2530 0805

Is there really any significant risk of burglary or loss to fire in an apartment in Hong Kong?
    Just heard that two apartments were broken into, where we live, over the Christmas holidays (by burglars who obviously had access to the flats due to contruction).

Also, I personally do know someone else whose apartments was broken into (again during building renovations) about three or four years ago.

There is a slight risk .. and its reflected in the premiums.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelHK:
    I have made the mistake to choose AXA (I am french .....) and, following a credit card thief, they totally refused to reimburse me the amount I was entitled, in contradiction with their conditions.
    I have now to submit the case to the Insurance Claims Complaint Bureau.
    Of course, I will not renew the premium, and choose a less expemsive one like AMEX, or do not even choose a new one.
    Hope it helps.
    We first had AXA and when we lost a pair of prescription sunglasses AXA replaced them at full cost within a couple of days.
    We now have a policy with Aviva which offers the same thing. Household Insurance covers a lot of property originating in your household for outside your household.
    And yes, there is a lot of burglary in Hong Kong.