Possible Case of SARS

Closed Thread

Possible Case of SARS

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/d...ID=43300&GRP=B

A Kaohsiung hospital yesterday reported this winter's first SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) case in Taiwan.
    Doctors at the Union Hospital said they diagnosed a resident of the southern Taiwan port city as a suspected SARS case.

The resident, whose identity was withheld, visited the hospital in the afternoon.

He showed a typical SARS symptom of a high fever, doctors said. "He suffered from a 37.5 degree fever for two days before coming to us," one doctor pointed out.

The Kaohsiung resident returned from a trip to China not long ago.

After the diagnosis, the patient was assigned to a pediatric ward, where a commotion took place.

Mothers of in-patient children complained about the treatment the hospital is giving the SARS case in isolation in the pediatric ward.

Well I'll be contentious too then. I see in the paper that the new response to stopping the spread os SARS is to slaughter 10,000 animals in the Guangdong Livestock Market. If these ignorant peasants had any brains in their heads whatsoever they would have realised that having 1000's of animals in small cages pissing and shitting all over eachother wasn't hygeinic in the first place. The finger must be pointed at local authorities for not stopping this trade when the govt placed a ban on several animals being sold in markets and yet they are still there. It makes me sick to my stomach to read articles like that because they are ignoring the basic premise which is hygeine, hygeine, hygeine. You still see people spitting on streets, coughing without hands in front of mouths, rubbish everywhere, the list is endless.