Like Tree2Likes

Speed Dating

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Speed Dating

Hi there,

I saw this add on HKG Speed Dating. Has anyone does this before? I was thinking of going there to meet new ppl but then again am not sure. If anyone done it, pls share your experience.

Cheerio!

Why not come to one our Happy Hours to meet people? Next one is this Friday

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread7729.html

lyn 26 likes this.

saw that you guys keep meeting up with each other, never been to such gathering before. sounds great. where and what time? who usually attends???

Tx

Time to be confirmed. Keep checking the Happy Hour thread for updates.
    We had over 40 people show up last Friday. Mixed crowd of guys and girls. Lots of fun.

Sounds great fun- maybe I'll try and join you guys next time I'm in HK :-)

As for speed dating- I've never done it myself but one of my best friends in the UK is now getting married to someone he met at speed dating.

So you never know...

Would loveee to join
    Would love to hear more details

lyn 26 likes this.

Speeddating in HK: only VERY local ppl (at least the girls), hardly anyone with international experience. some don't even speak any english, most pretty bad english.
    no ABCs, BBCs, Gwailos.

so if you wanna practice your Cantonese and meet really local ppl, good place to go. otherwise I would not advice (I've been there myself and was really dissapointed).

Thanks for the info. Is it really that bad! sigh! sad to hear that and at least i now know. Perhaps the Speed dating in UK, or elsewhere are different I suppose.

Then where else to go meet people? The get together party organised by Geo Expat I suppose! Sounds really fun!

Thanks again!

I know this is a old thread but how about doing a Geoxpat speed dating? at least every one can speaks English.
    A friend of mine is trying so hard to get a girlfriend but he's not getting any luck. I guess it's because he looks really young for a 32 year old and some women just don't like that.
    I told him to try speed dating but after reading this thread I guest he shouldn't try.

Quote Originally Posted by Yani:
    I know this is a old thread but how about doing a Geoxpat speed dating? at least every one can speaks English.
    A friend of mine is trying so hard to get a girlfriend but he's not getting any luck. I guess it's because he looks really young for a 32 year old and some women just don't like that.
    I told him to try speed dating but after reading this thread I guest he shouldn't try.
    How about blind-dating? Your guy friend for one of my (lemme count -- 1, 2 ...) 3 single girl friends. Deal?

(Give me a red square, anyone!! I don't want to be SUCH a nice girl..)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast