Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AltRd

How to set up my bank accounts?

How to set up my bank accounts?

I am moving to Asia (based in Singapore) next month and want to know where I should look to set up accounts. I will be travelling all over and speding at least several months at a time in Taiwan and Indonesia, although Sing will be the home base.

Are there any good books/sites that will tell me what banks are where in Asia & how to locate them? Any personal advice also appreciated.

TS

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sey
    Are there any good books/sites that will tell me what banks are where in Asia & how to locate them? TS
    Wikipedia (www.wikipedia.org) is OK but doesn't have too much in SE Asia. Check out www.asianbanks.net which seems to be more complete.

As for personal advice, what kind of transactions do you want to do? HSBC & Citibank are both in Singapore/TW/Indo, and their cards will get you cash pretty much anywhere in Asia, but they dont have huge branch networks in those countries.

If you really need local accounts, I would suggest BCA or Danamon in Indonesia and First Bank or Chinatrust in Taiwan.

Hope this helps,

Ji
    imshah likes this.