work compensation at Hong Kong

work compensation at Hong Kong

I am an IT Engineer for 3 years and have an offer into one of the big IT Giants operating in HK.
    I do not know the cost of livnig in Hong Kong. I have read some posts on this site about the cost of living.

I am single and would like to move to Hong Kong with help on the following lines

1. What is the monthly salary for an "above average" IT professional (around my experience level) in HK ?

2. I do not consume alcohol or have wierd living habits like over spending or gambling. I live a normal life and go sightseeing once in a while. I do not eat out and can cook something for myself.
    For a simple living and a occasional outings, can someone tell me what could be the cost of living on Hong Kong ?

I am sorry, I must admit that I do not know the places and towns in Hong Kong so I cannot tell where i will be posted.

thanks for the help.

Regards,
    avantgardist

>> 1. What is the monthly salary for an "above average" IT professional (around my experience level) in HK ?

HK$10-20K range with 3 years experience, if you're lucky and your employer can convince immigration why they need to bring someone in with just 3 years experience.

Thanks for the reply.

What about the taxes at Hong Kong ? Will it be sufficient for me to live in HK in a one/two bedroom flat (on a shared basis)
    and afford travel expenses ?

please help.