The Da Vinci code

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I liked the way Dan Brown tied past events and places, and presented them with entirely different meanings from what they have once stood for. I liked the pace of the book, and the creativity .. up until the last 10 or 15 pages. I agree with one of the posts here (though not pertaining to the exact book) -- "Whoops i've written a great book and now i need to finish it quick!" (Curly)

So maybe the book stirred a lot of controversy, especially with the Catholic Church and Opus Dei (I almost became a member, by the way), but it paved the way for other more interesting and worthwhile endeavors. Have you heard about the Da Vinci Code tours in Europe (or just France, I think)? Apparently, with the success of the book, a lot of people now see the "usual" paintings and places in a different light. And isn't that what a work of FICTION should do -- to change the reader's (in this case) consciousness?

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

I had read [and reread] Holy Blood, Holy Grail, before coming across the Code, and it was deja vu page after page after page.
    Even Sophie's grandfather shares the same name as a central character in the earlier book.
    This only increased the enjoyment of the experience

I would suggest reading both and also perhaps a listen to the davici code audiobook if only for the hilarous accents of the reader as he does american/french/british as well as male/female/albino, before attempting the movie.
    My favorite to play Langdon would have to be Connery, ah if only they had made this film when he was sixty.