NOW broadband connections

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The last few days I have come home from work to find no video signal except for the channel number and name at top left with the speaker icon at bottom left. Every channel was the same. I could however hear the audio. A reboot of the decoder was required. PCCW is the dog's b******s!

Hello HKNewBi

The shop I looked at the AVT was between the Junk Pub and the Jockey Club on Jaffe Road, Wanchai. As I mentioned earlier the bloke said it could transmit through walls, but can’t see it myself.

I will be looking elsewhere this week, probably cheaper in Apliu Street ,Sham Shui Po

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    PCCW is the dog's b******s!
    Is that really what you meant, or did you in fact mean the opposite?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollocks#Dog.27s_bollocks

A little sarcasm.

Im thinking we may need a thread devoted to bitching about NOW TV, though is that allowed? Has anyone read the site rules recently?

In the name of fairness, i should point that the other compaines that provide cable are prob. as bad, and at least NOW dont keep scamming their way into my building and trying to force their services on me.

Anyway, my current gripe is with BBC Prime and Star World who seem to have adopted a policy of airing episodes of various programmes in a completely random order. I.e. they will show half the first series then jump to the middle of the third, then go back to the first, then start repeating the few episodes they showed from the third etc.

Someone, somewhere, needs a slap!

That and the fact that the BBC Prime programs are older enough to be archived in a vault - Weakest Link is one example. I notice that they have started airing Eastenders but not having watched it for some years I hazard a guess as to how recent they are.
    Cartoon Network also airs episodes out of sequence. Most of the time it doesn't matter as each episode is a story in its entirety but Samurai Jack is one series which has a storyline and PCCW have no trouble messing that up.

You wouldnt think its hard hard to air them in order, i mean, its logical that Ep1 should be followed by Ep2, then Ep3, and Series1 followed by Series2 etc.

'Stenders for that matter, is seemingly a few weeks behind the UK - i.e. the Xmas episodes aired at the end of Jan... I've not seen it for ages but its pretty easy to pick it back up. Its still unnecessarily depressing and the plots returned back to basics (mitchesl vs. other thugs violence)

Anyway, what i was going to say is that on behalf of the entire UKofGB&NI i would like to apologise whole heartedly for the BBC's airing of Shooting Stars, a comedy not funny in the early nineties, and not funny now.

I would differ slightly with you LM. I never caught the original runs in the UK and only first saw them here on BBC Prime. The comedy and piss-taking is funny (to me) though the game itself pointless. Though I'll have to admit that Ulreka is the main reason for watching.
    Weakest Link is around 2 years behind the original airing.
    Samurai Jack episodes actually have the episode number displayed at the end but it's in Roman numerals so that probably gets ignored by the NOW programming team.

NowTv have just forced me to add to this fast growing list. They have just repeated the same episode of Friends, at prime time, two days running.

Ulreka lost her charm after the Sven episode, and i dont mean he was on the show, and you have to remember to add an extra ten-fifteen years onto her...

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing_Monkey:

'Stenders for that matter, is seemingly a few weeks behind the UK - i.e. the Xmas episodes aired at the end of Jan... I've not seen it for ages but its pretty easy to pick it back up. Its still unnecessarily depressing and the plots returned back to basics (mitchesl vs. other thugs violence)
    The Mitchell brothers left East Enders some years ago (although I read somewhere there were plans to bring them back to get ratings up). BBC Prime EE is some years behind the current stuff, although it makes little difference as the plot line never really changes.