Is passing the road test hard in H.K.?

Closed Thread

Is passing the road test hard in H.K.?

Has anyone recently gone for a road test? What are the different requirements that are being tested? Do you need to study hard for the written test?

Fairly easy if you've passed the written test else where or driven before.

I am toying with the idea of doing my motorcycle test, I had a go at the online test here http://www.hksm.com.hk/onlinetest/login.php?lang=en
    was surprised at how many questions I got wrong , must be getting old ……………..

The written test is easy if you study. Most people fail the parallel parking cos you have to do it in one shot. If you do, you can repeat the parking portion again.

Glad I did my test in the U.S. since I parked awfully during the parallel parking segment resulting in a scolding from my examiner whereupon he then proceeded to chide me on my "poor observation skills" while merging into the main road from a small lane. Then I basically studied for the written test on the bus on my way to the test center. Errrr...but I passed with flying colors? hahahahaah.

My friend who just took the test says that it's not hard but work on parking well or they take out tons of points.

It's a piece of cake...and I HATE driving (not a car person).
    Mind you though, I took driving lessons when I was in the UK, Toronto and now here. The HK driving test was my first and only test I've ever done, so I can't really tell you what it's like compare to other places.

it's nerve wracking only because the person testing you sits on the passenger side does not say anything or react to your driving.

I'm interested in doing the motorcycle test, anyone got a rough guide on how much it would cost for lesson, test, bike rental, obtaining license.

Will it be cheaper than the UK?

I'm interested in getting either a Vespa or Replica Sports Bike. Think it would be awesome to ride round the south of the Island with the missus on the back.

Choco - Would suggest you take a couple of lessons. The instructors will tell you exactly what you need to do 2 pass. The only one I remember is using the handbrake at a red light.

Quote Originally Posted by killahbad:
    I'm interested in doing the motorcycle test, anyone got a rough guide on how much it would cost for lesson, test, bike rental, obtaining license.

Will it be cheaper than the UK?

I'm interested in getting either a Vespa or Replica Sports Bike. Think it would be awesome to ride round the south of the Island with the missus on the back.
    5-7 K all inclusive at the HKSM, its cheaper at the other schools for around 3-4K.