I'm new to the site! going to be in HK some months. love it, but a few questions:
1. does anyone know where to buy lint remover? I'm talking about the cylindrical ones that have sticky stuff on them, you peel off the paper and use it on your clothes. have been looking all over, can't find them.
2. shoes: I have a US 8W. I know that's about 39, but it's so hard to find wide sizes. any advice? (and yes I've tried Marks and Spencer - not wide enough. Are there any other western chain stores? and while I"m at it, any size charts online - US-HK equivalents in clothes, shoes, etc?)
3. I'd like to get some casual and business clothes made here. any recommendations? what prices did you pay, if you don't mind my asking? thanks
4. where can I find larger clothes other than Marks and Spencer?
5. any equivalents to Target or Wal-mart? that is, general stores where you can find almost anything for daily life? so far either street markets, boutiques or dept stores...
6. finally: useful websites? so far this one, discover hong kong,yahoo.com.hk (which sometimes displays funnily) and ??? for maps, movies, news, etc etc...Also where can I buy books online that deliver to HK, amazon would be superexpensive. is there amazon hk? or other book sites for books released in US but could be mailed to HK?
thanks so much for all help, sorry to be putting it all in one thread but I figure it's easier than reading thru a lot of threads. all help is appreciated.