How to become a millionaire

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

That say the survey shows that the average age is 45....so assuming you start working at 25...after 20 years of work it is not that much surprising that ppl have 1MHKD in their bank account..

it rates at around 4.000 HKD savings a month....

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Financially rich ...

Emotionally bankrupt ..

What would you prefer?
    KIA I believe you are spot on, anyone can be a millionaire but what are you willing to give to become one, time with spouse, time with kids, time with other family and friends, high blood pressure, low immune system, have stress related stroke or heart attack, retire and be bored as all you know how to do is work and make money, die and leave a million dollars to unhappy kids that wish they had parents instead of maids, but I'm sure they will enjoy spending all the hard earned money. If making a million is that imprtant go for it, it won't be that hard for everybody, but if it is consider less money and more life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinesi:
    KIA I believe you are spot on, anyone can be a millionaire but what are you willing to give to become one, time with spouse, time with kids, time with other family and friends, high blood pressure, low immune system, have stress related stroke or heart attack, retire and be bored as all you know how to do is work and make money, die and leave a million dollars to unhappy kids that wish they had parents instead of maids, but I'm sure they will enjoy spending all the hard earned money. If making a million is that imprtant go for it, it won't be that hard for everybody, but if it is consider less money and more life.
    Agree about that the fact that Money does not buy happiness, it can contribute to it though.

However what's wrong with having 1 m HKD. It does not mean your kids are educated by maids or that you will die without using it or else...sometimes yes, sometimes no.

1 Million can be seen as a good "matress" in case something happen to your family or in case you wanna enjoy your retirement...

How to become a millionaire?

how abt flying straight to india? instant millionaire..

btw, i tot they calculated based on USD n not HKD.. hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Kinesi:
    Not true. High blood pressure, low immune system? Chances are you can afford better health care if you are a millionaire for yourself and your "unhappy" kids. There is a much stronger correlation between education and wealth than health and wealth, so logically you can conclude that educated people are more aware of health risks.

Sounds more like an argument of capitalism vs marxism than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Agree about that the fact that Money does not buy happiness, it can contribute to it though.

However what's wrong with having 1 m HKD. It does not mean your kids are educated by maids or that you will die without using it or else...sometimes yes, sometimes no.

1 Million can be seen as a good "matress" in case something happen to your family or in case you wanna enjoy your retirement...

Agree with you entirely Mat, not saying don't try for some people its really easy whether HKD or USD, just saying if your goal is to stressfull try laying back alittle a see if what your doing is worth what your missing, if it is thats great if its not rethink your goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutta!:
    Not true. High blood pressure, low immune system?.
    I've got that already just from being in HK for 6 months! And thats from not working for a living!

also remember that all the chinese people here like to live at home with their parents for free until they are about 50....

kind of saves up a lot of extra money with the sacrifice of social and sexual livelihood

suicide does happen more in poor families than rich ones. So I think Money can buy happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by tt2003:
    suicide does happen more in poor families than rich ones. So I think Money can buy happiness.
    And money can always buy you a good shrink or pay somebody to fix any problems you might have.