Water in my ear

Closed Thread

Water in my ear

i woke up yesterday with that feeling you get after you go swimming, with water in my ear. i cant shake it out, ive tried and tried and its still there, its been just over a day now, how do i get it out? any help would be greatly appreicatied, it has defeinitely hindered my hearing ability

steam

steam from a hot pot or buy the wax disolving stuff from Watsons

carefully use a Qtip/cottonbud ?

Wink Water in Ear

This remedy might actually surprise you.
    An aunt of mine taught me this simple method when I was a kid and it works every time I get water in my ear after a shower.
    What I do is...I scoop a little bit of water in my hand, then pour it into the ear that is blocked, while tilting my head, making sure that the water goes in. After a few seconds, I tilt my head the other way to pour the water out.
    Sort of like..."fighting water with water"
    The water dislodges the air bubble trapped inside the ear and , hey presto, you can hear well again!

Jokes aside...this works.

The last thing you would want to do is to poke your ear with some cotton bud.
    If you are really concerned, by all means, get it seen to by a pro.
    But my water method has worked for me fine.

Displace water with rubbing alcohol

Similar to the above post, instill a few drops of rubbing alcohol. The rubbing alcohol will generally displace the water, then evaporate. If concerned about ear fungus--for example after regular swimming--add 25% white vinegar to rubbing alcohol.