Like Tree4Likes

Legal Part Time Helper Wanted- again, LEGAL

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by cloudybay:
    I now use a part-time helper who works illegally--like everyone in my building who doesn't have a full-time. She's from the Philippines and has been in HK for over 20 years.
    So that makes it alright since everyone in your building is doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by bwood21:
    Thank you everyone, very helpful. PDLM, thanks for the link. I just got my own card and never really looked at it. I am a CO. I guess I cant be a part time domestic helper!!
    No - it means that anyone wishing to employ you would have to check your Visa. If you have a Dependant Visa then you could be a part-time helper (unless your sponsor is on a Study Visa, in which case your Dependant Visa would be endorsed to the effect that you may not be employed).

If sales dont pick up, I might just have to go that route! Thanks again, PDLM.

hi bwood21, there are 2 quickest ways u can achieve that:

(1) make a few local friends at work / by whatever means. then ask whether they can help you with this problem. i can imagine a local friend of yours would find no trouble to utilize his/her network to refer you someone who can take the job.

if you're residing in mid-levels west, i do know a friend who lives nearby. pls pm me the hourly rate you offer so i can inform my friend for her to inform her friend ('s friends ....).

(2) go to supermarkets nearby, e.g. Wellcome; ParknShop. their exit has a small Ad board where anyone can post a position for hiring, or a skill for employment. there is a fair chance that u'll find a post by someone who wants to work as a PT helper; that'd likely be written in Chinese though --- a not-so-complicated problem which can be solved by asking a local friend to go with you or asking someone on the spot. you can ask the cashier of the supermarket for an Ad post for you to write your Ad for hiring. the drawback is it may take a few weeks for yours to be posted.

Sorry, It is too far from her house Hope you will find one soon ! If not try Merry maids , I have used them few times before.