An incident in Wanchai yesterday

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Yep I agree, mate. I'm from London which has plenty of these type of piss head trouble-makers. Just seems out of the ordinary here..

Slightly off-topic, just wondering, who are those people who sit on chairs under the footbridge at Wan Chai, near the escalators? Are they homeless?

I think its more a case of Hong Kongs amazingly comprehensive facilities for the elderly having overlooked them....

Ok done some asking on our nutter

His name is Tom

He is from scarborough

He Lives in Chung King Mansions on Nathan Road TST

He is known as a professional begger by a few lads in wanchai, my source knows this guy and has barred him from his bar after a few things he's got up to

He gets a few slaps now and again apparently so thats good to know

I was told his last name if any one wants it especially the fella that got a slap off him .I can get it just PM me

thats it

Quote Originally Posted by esque:
    Slightly off-topic, just wondering, who are those people who sit on chairs under the footbridge at Wan Chai, near the escalators? Are they homeless?
    They're heroin addicts; the methodone clinic is close by. Not sure if they're homeless though...they spend most of their time there, so guess that kind of is their home

Oh, and I was also approached by that guy as well! Outside the entrance to Wanchai market on Johnston Road...he asked for 100 dollars, said he had to find a place to stay for the night as he was going to the British Embassy in the morning. I told him I had no money but directed him to Lockhart Rd where he could find himself a suitably dodgy and cheap hotel. He was definately a tosser, but didn't hit me.

I'll keep an eye out for him. If he approaches me n then tries to hit me, I'll show him a little jujitsu..a broken arm might aid him in begging, though.

I have the same experience!

[FONT="Arial Black"] Hello I also have the same experience!I guess there are some foreigners who are racists but I don't understand why they still want to live in Asian world!!
    Yesterday (25th April 2006) I was at the mtr central station with my friend and we stood the same stair of the elevator and then there was a british man who stood behind us but we didn't know he is behind us that was why we didn't know he want to go through.
    Then he was so impolite he didn't even say an excuse me to let us know he want to go through but all he said is "HOW CAN I GO THROUGH?"so I moved and let him go.When he already went through he looked back and shout at me and my friend so I was so mad then I fight with him at the mtr station.He also asked me to punch him I thought he is crazy!He kept following me and shout at me that's why I asked him to go to police station with me but all I got at the end is a "F U C K Y O U" and then he went away so quick.I did try to ask him back but he didn't even look back!!!
    [/FONT

Never confuse racism with stupidity.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

This morning I have seen a 'buddist monk' cut into the path of a speeding expatess, show a picture of buddha and get the woman to dig into her purse.
    I have seen this happen twice in Happy Valley and once in Wanchai today.

Here is the deal
    A real monk will NOT approach you , he will have his bowl out and if it is in his karma it will be filled.

Any other baldie especially if he looks like an extra from a kung fu flick is a tourist from up north moonlighting to cover costs.

Just give him a dirty look and keep moving.