An incident in Wanchai yesterday

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by dropdedfwed:

BTW, why do we stand on the right? on the road, the right is for oncoming traffic and passing traffic... why do we swap logic when we walk?

sorry, off topic i know.. my bad...
    That's courtesy of the British ways. They drive on the left but stand on the right on escalators. Why they do that in the UK I don't know.

As to the nutter, if they've got a mental disease that's sad but where do they go at night. Surely they have some contact with others if at least the salvation army. As for the police they spend far too much time integrating mainlanders for a possible breach of visa. Not to knock them, their jobs aren't the easiest, but situation like these they can really make a difference.

Sorry, i wont do it again. Promise.

I think I spotted another homeless British guy (is this the homeless British guy thread). Pretty skinny, 5.11 outside Starbucks. I was watching him for a bit, seems like he had a box of cake (from Starbucks) and was snacking on that...I guess he only likes Western cuisine.

No offense, but why can't he be shipped back to the UK? Surely saves Government money...

Quote Originally Posted by gdawe5:
    seems like he had a box of cake (from Starbucks) and was snacking on that...I guess he only likes Western cuisine.
    What a bizarre logical leap! Eating one box of cake from Starbuck's means that you only like Western cuisine? I hope you're not designing or running anything my well-being depends on!

Quote Originally Posted by gdawe5:
    No offense, but why can't he be shipped back to the UK? Surely saves Government money...
    On what grounds? He may well have Permanent Right of Abode in Hong Kong. Once you have that then Hong Kong IS your "home". You cannot be deported anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    What a bizarre logical leap! Eating one box of cake from Starbuck's means that you only like Western cuisine? I hope you're not designing or running anything my well-being depends on!.
    Please excuse me, I shouldn't of made that judgement that he eats only Western food. What's it got to do with designing or running anything which involves you?! That's bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    On what grounds? He may well have Permanent Right of Abode in Hong Kong. Once you have that then Hong Kong IS your "home". You cannot be deported anywhere else.
    Is just a suggestion, so I again apologise if it doesn't fit in with your way of thinking.

I so agree with JAherbert!!

Quote Originally Posted by deedamonyas:
    I so agree with JAherbert!!
    After all these years since he posted his comment I am sure he is happy that you agree

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Would someone kindly tell me Wisconsin Tourism Federation it is that JAHerbert said many moons ago?

Funny thread. I take it the drugged-drunk-violent-schizophrenic-British guy is no longer around? Another good reason, if one were needed, to steer clear of Wan Chai.

"Respect my Authoritaaa!!!"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6