Online stock trading - Asian markets

Closed Thread

Online stock trading - Asian markets

I am looking to trade Asian and Australian stocks online. Very disappointed to find out that overseas stock trading for HSBC is only for premier customers. Which online brokers are available in HK for trading overseas stocks?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCarpet:
    I am looking to trade Asian and Australian stocks online. Very disappointed to find out that overseas stock trading for HSBC is only for premier customers. Which online brokers are available in HK for trading overseas stocks?
    Not sure about such a small market as Aus, but check out Etrade. You can at least trade HK & US equities with them. Maybe there are some ETFs that let you get exposure to Aus as well.

I use BOOM.COM - International Stock Trading which covers quite a number of Asian markets including Australia.

You can also try http://www.interactivebrokers.com if you like trading more.

The fee structures are different. I'm more buy and hold so Boom is better for me.

etrade is also through ANZ. You may be able to get an ANZ account here and trade through it for Australia.

Have no idea if you can do this but just a thought.

isn't there one platform where i can trade asian and australian stocks online? Singapore has several such providers (UOB kay Hian, iOCBC etc) so i m surprised that HK doesn't have it.

SO why not contact UOB Kay Hian in Hk??

UOB Kay Hian

We provide easy access for you to trade in regional markets other than Hong Kong. Backed by strong regional presence in countries such as Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia, we are able to provide quality services in these markets.

Our one-stop trading services even include markets such as Korea, Taiwan, Australia and the United States.

For more details on Regional Equities Trading, please contact Linda Chan at (852) 2840-9639.