Dog in HK, where to go???

Dog in HK, where to go???

My dog moved to HK with me, and I was wondering if there are dog runs, doggie park, doggie anything that we can go to on a good day, hopefully off leash! We got kicked out of the park near the US embassy ON leash just passing thru (put your dog in the bag please lady!) I heard about the peak but hasn't gone up there yet with her. I can't imagine taking the tram with the tourists and carrying my dog in tow! < I would probably look like that for real!

I'm in Soho, and still a little clueless with transportation aside from the MTR! If you know of a place, please let me know how to get there too!!

She's a 9lb monkey that really can use some fresh air and doggie friends! I'd appreciate any suggestions to improve her life in the city jungle!

P

Not sure about rules around dogs in taxis but places to go include;
    The Peak - heaps of dogs wearing clothes if thats what you are in to. Do the walk around the Peak (about 35 mins) and also follow the signs to Pinewood Battery where you will find a rare bit of grass.
    Bowen Road - a 4km long flat road close to central but beware there have been instances of poisoned meat being deliberatley put on that road to poison dogs, no idea why, so probably best to keep the lead on.
    Tai Tam Resevoir - go to Parkview apartment complex, walk past the entrance and then there is quite a big walk, all paved, quite a few dogs, not sure about leash rules or open spaces off the path but again many of the dogs wear clothes - just so wrong but hey if thats what you're in to....There are severzl walks at Parkview.

Get down to Sai Kung - you and your best friend will have a great time. Fresh (cough) air, sun, sea and plenty of places to run and poo. You will be amongst plenty of other dogs so you may still need the leash.

Your dog can be off leash anywhere in any of the country parks that are 40% of Hong Kong's land area. There are plenty even on HK island. I feel you need to get out and look around more!

bring ur doggie to Happy Valley tram terminus around 6ish, many ppl bring their dogs gather in their, u can let ur doggie to know more friends !

Thank you all! Pupp muff and I really appreciate it!
    We'll definitely try those spots out and find out which park is where...

Quote Originally Posted by BabySmurf:
    bring ur doggie to Happy Valley tram terminus around 6ish, many ppl bring their dogs gather in their, u can let ur doggie to know more friends !
    Hey baby smurf! We LOVE smurfs... where is the tram termius in Happy Valley? How do you get there?

Cool Bus or Tram

u r living in SOHO, rite ?
    if then, u can either take bus (bus no. 8X, 10 or 117) or take tram to happy valley.
    doggie n friends r always in there around 7pm almost everyday ! sori, not 6pm.

BBsmrf,

Do they just hang at the terminal?
    Is it a park?

Thanks for letting me know!

P

hey dog lovers,

summer is fast approaching and would like to recommend a beach in Sai Kung that you can take Fido to for some swimming & socializing. it's called Sai Sha - it is a man-made beach with lots of dogs frolicking around. it's one of the few beaches that allow dogs. sure Fido will love a change in playground environment. if u drive there, look for Sai Sha Water Sports (they share a beach). sorry, can't remember the exact name of the road as hubby usually drives but if lost, can ask and people will direct u there. don't park your car at the entrance of the beach (right hand side) but park in the water sport centre area (turn left, like $10/hr).