Is it me or it's not easy to find friends in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wow this topic do get a lot of attentions.

I started the topic during lunch time i heard one of my colleagues said "you can choose your friends, but not your colleagues".

That sentence made me think of how many friends i've actually made in hong kong... am i considered as friends to them or colleauges?

Btw, I came here in the middle of january 2006.

oh my!!you have only been here for such a short time, i was here a year before i made "real" friends. My advice to you is to go to as many events as possible, this site really is great for making friends so go along to everything. I started an evening course too and made a lot fo friends throught that.

I remember last Saturday I was a little depressed. I'd been here for a week and been running around like crazy sorting out my new job, appartment etc. etc. Anyway, the weekend hit, everyone at work packed up and went home, and I found myself sitting in the office Saturday night (the only place I can check email), starting to feel a little depressed.

Anyway, I came across a thread in geoexpats for a night out at 1/5 in Wanchai, decided what the hell, went along and had a blast! I'm so glad I went. I met alot of great people, and had a great chance to unwind after a stressfull first week in Hong Kong.

Last weekend a big group of us went hiking and saw the most beautiful beach.

Anyway, all I can say is you should definately come along to some of the geoexpat activities. The people here are friendly, open, really easy to get to know and always up for something fun!

Best of luck!

Raphael.