How risky is it to exchange apts in HK from NYC?

Question How risky is it to exchange apts in HK from NYC?

Hi, Everyone. I expect to lurk for the most part on this forum. Lately, I've been getting turned down (politely) for exchange requests for my apartment in NYC by HK residents who list their homes for exchange. The reverse is true for European and North American residents who bombard me with offers. I only really feel compelled to travel to HK (just one more time. ) Am I being rejected because everyone in HK is too busy making a living or is it a lack of interest in NYC?

Also, aside from expat-marketed full service apartments, is it very risky to try to rent a furnished place short-term (one month maximum>) Should I be worried about HKU shower cam perverts?

Thanks for reading!

Cheers from New York!

Hi JJ,

Not all places are bad for furnished apt. It goes as your budget goes.

Check this link out and it will give you a rough idea how it goes.

http://www.wstudios.com.hk/

Thanks, Ace. This looks to be exactly what I'm looking for. Not too posh and affordable (Ikea as far as the eye can see, too.)

I hope they stay in business long enough to try them out.

JJ.

Dont worry they are having other places as well for staying. When are u planing to come down here?

Ideally, the next low season (but after New Years.)

I'll have to raise some funds as well as think clearly about what I want to do.

Are the Mainland tourist influx as noticeable as it's reported on the news? How has it changed things?

Is everyone in HK following the Infernal Affairs movies? We can get dvds here in NYC just fine and we pay about $10 per dvd film.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Cheers!