The KCR Saga

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Isnt Thaksin now getting into the resignation game too?

Unfortunately, Thaksin (Thick skin?) doesn't subscribe to the 'jump before you are pushed' philosophy and with his Pitchfork welding supporters riding to town on tractors and trailors appears to be digging in for a fight.

Of course, we can see that he is a true statesman who has learnt a few tricks from the bigW - when the going gets tough...skip town...

i don't really care who's in charge as long as i can get to work on time and safely without extra charges in fares!

if this is the case, obviously the plot backfired. i thought they should have expected the results before they acted.

Quote Originally Posted by links:
    Mr.Lai was getting a package of HKD$5million per annum and have bonus..... the other 20 department managers are getting a package about HKD$2million per yr excluding bonus.

The problem is they might be in fear to lose their good pay job after KCR merging with MTR...there will be jobs duplicating that time and MTR managers seems to have better capabilities over them....

This might a plot to delay the merge.....

Anyone know why they discourage travelling north on the KCR? Sheung Shui to Lo Wu is 4 minutes and $18.80; to East TST is 38 minutes and $12.00. If you take the 6 minute trip from Mong Kok to East TST it is only $4.60. Seems like they are subsidising the southern journey with the northern journey.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdh:
    if this is the case, obviously the plot backfired. i thought they should have expected the results before they acted.
    its obvious that they gonna lost their job after merging, so every single month delay is $$$...their pay is good...5.4millionHKD per yr for the acting chairman...and others are getiing 2millionsHKD..if delay 1 yr that is talking about another million dollars in the pocket.

they might be thinking because they have the workforce to backup so they are safe...but Donald suprise them...

But as a part in top management, they should have professional discipline...well its over... as long as the train running smooth and dont hike the price of ticket then its ok for me

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    Anyone know why they discourage travelling north on the KCR? Sheung Shui to Lo Wu is 4 minutes and $18.80; to East TST is 38 minutes and $12.00. If you take the 6 minute trip from Mong Kok to East TST it is only $4.60. Seems like they are subsidising the southern journey with the northern journey.
    Obviously KCR is the monopolist in the route to Lo Wu, but not in Sheung Shui or East TST. The coming merger of KCR and Metro will give the new company even more monopoly power. i'll be surprising if the fare don't go up after the merger.

Quote Originally Posted by links:
    its obvious that they gonna lost their job after merging, so every single month delay is $$$...their pay is good...5.4millionHKD per yr for the acting chairman...and others are getiing 2millionsHKD..if delay 1 yr that is talking about another million dollars in the pocket.

they might be thinking because they have the workforce to backup so they are safe...but Donald suprise them...

But as a part in top management, they should have professional discipline...well its over... as long as the train running smooth and dont hike the price of ticket then its ok for me
    Yes, maybe it's just that they're too desperate. i had thought that they had some secret weapons, but i was wrong.

KCR fare increase

Quote Originally Posted by mcdh:
    Obviously KCR is the monopolist in the route to Lo Wu, but not in Sheung Shui or East TST. The coming merger of KCR and Metro will give the new company even more monopoly power. i'll be surprising if the fare don't go up after the merger.
    That will be great. I need to spend more money on my commute. Now if they can just add another set of lines at the border with a unique form to fill out, life would be complete!