Citibank HK user?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

If you take your card to Macau you have to add the extra digits, so I discovered once the hard way.

Cards get demagnitized all the time. I have had some for years, and some that need replacing every few months. It happens.

If you really want to protect your card, you can consider keeping it inside a sleeve (I get this nice packing paper wove grade sleeves with my cards when the bank sends them to me). I just keep the sleeve in the wallet and pull it out when needed.

Some people say certain types of wallets aid in demagnatism, but I think it's kind of an urban legend. Throwing you wallet on top of a spinning hard disk in a laptop or a computer won't help things, nor will leaving it around other things that may create a magnetic field.

You may want to check if you need to do some '00' thing but I think the easiest is just to break the thing and take it back. Just chip a corner or something using it to cut something.

lol...i think i am gonna break it to replace it...

and i know about the 00 thing...they never told me about it either...and for a week i thought i forgot my pin number....lol

they seem to not tell us a lot of things here

Luckily I don't have any issues with Citibank cards, but I find their customer services level is appalling. I seemed to get different answers from different customer service reps. for the same questions I asked them, and got the misleading info too. They are very slow at getting back to you as well. I have dealt with more professional and better banking service before. I can't wait until my 6 month service with them is up in order to close down the accounts.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mattstewart:
    it has only worked 2 times at park n shop, never any where else, and never again at park n shop.
    Screw the credit card and go Octopus (one of the greatest things about living in HK, IMHO):

http://www.octopuscards.com/consumer...s/en/popup.jsp

I've got my Octopus hooked up to my credit card. Everytime my Octopus runs out it automatically adds $250 to it and charges my credit card. Everything is transparent and seamless and I make my monthly payments thru citibank.com.hk.

And ya never hear of anything going wrong with an Octopus....

then when u need to buy something more than 250 what do you do ?

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    then when u need to buy something more than 250 what do you do ?
    Pay Cash?

dish out the other 7 cards that make up an octopus set ?

Octopus Card

There have been some complaints about the Octopus Automatic Add Value Service coz the response from the Octopus co. is slow. When someone reported loss of Octopus, the one (theft?) got the loss card can still spend with the card for some time. And the expenses were billed to the credit card statement of the owner of the card.

So if you are going to use the Octopus Automatic Add Value Service, I would suggest u check against their latest polilcy on handling card loss and liability on it.

Citibank- I've just got their card after I'd called to cancel it. I've never had such bad service from any other card I've had before. I'd called to check if they'd sent me the renewed card, and every time I got the same answer yes but with a diff date. The fourth answer I got from another dept was no, then I cancelled it. Before I can send my cut card, I've got the renewed one, but my mind is set because their staff are very dishonest.

Btw, if you want to have you annual fee waived with most cards except HSBC, you must call to cancel them, then they'll waive your fees. Btw, my citibank card has a permanent annual fee waive.

Last edited by Valencia1; 06-04-2006 at 10:27 PM.

it's not an issue of 'honesty', but simply system messiness and incompetency.