Citibank HK user?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Do banks in HK usually have very BAD service? I was so upset with HSBC a week back, had to call my HSBC relationship manager back home and complain. Then the service took a 180 degree turn! I've been warned about it so I guess I shouldnt be upset.

Dont know if Citi (especially Citigold) also have such crappy service.

A little update. I've been using my new Manhattan visa card since May, and I'm very satisfied with their services, so efficient. Everything can be arranged by a simple phone call, insteading of faxing and handing in forms.

Last edited by Valencia1; 15-07-2006 at 02:01 PM.

It seems to me that Citibank customer service has improved dramatically since these comments from a year ago (which I agreed with at the time). Recently I have found them very responsive to messages sent via the website, the quality of the agents I speak to when I call seems to have improved and generally it is much more impressive.

Unfortunately they still have a problem with cards wearing out physically, but they tell me that the new one I will get shortly will be a new design (and a chip-card) which they believe will be more robust.

Sadly I will not benefit from their new hi-tech cards as I have cut mine into pieces and posted it up their backsides. I had a bad time with them last year over an oversold item and they (Citibank visa) did nothing but forward my complaint to the shop. This repeated itself a couple of times like Ground Hog day) because of some memory loss in their computer/CS staff. More recently I have had HKD150 charged for forgetting to make a payment and I thought visa was a credit card. I rang them to query the charge and got a less than enthusiastic person who was obviously keen on moving onto the next caller. This happened again this month (yes how careless) and I got the exact same 'I could care less' attitude. So I have cancelled my account with them. A slight inconvenience as I need to change bill payments etc but there are plenty of choices and free gifts to be had!

During my last visit to HK in January, I went to a Tai Po Citibank attempting to convert some of my HKD to RMB. I had a Citibank ATM card with me showing that I was a customer. The branch refused to do the exchange. I explained to the manager that I had done the same conversion many times in the North Point branch, but the manager still refused, saying that the RMB was reserved for the RMB account customers. Have you guys had any problems like this with Citibank?