Legal part-time helper

Closed Thread

Legal part-time helper

How do I go about finding a legal domestic helper? I'm a single guy and just need someone to help with cleaning and laundry, maybe once a week. I've heard of some people hiring helpers through a Labour Department program...does anyone know anything about this?

Has anyone tried employing someone through the Labour dept.'s Employees Retraining Board? Is it possible to hire someone to work at an hourly rate? What other obligations does the employer have?
    http://www.jobs.gov.hk/eng/domestic/...r/employer.asp

Looking for a partime job

Hi Im Charlene

Im looking for a Part time job as a cleaner
    if anyone has a job thats available contact me on my mobile

Quote Originally Posted by grandcider:
    How do I go about finding a legal domestic helper? I'm a single guy and just need someone to help with cleaning and laundry, maybe once a week. I've heard of some people hiring helpers through a Labour Department program...does anyone know anything about this?
    Same here.

The person must know some English (I can have some stuff written in Chinese like "Clean the windows"...) and the person must have a permanent ID Card or be allowed by law to work part-time.

BTW, how about insurance? Does the employer need to get an insurance for the helper or is it the responsibilty of the helper to subscribe to one?

Thanks.

Philippe

The post you replied to was almost 2.5 years old, so I guess they already have something worked out by now!