I am afraid of snakes

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Oh no, you mean there is actually gecko residents in Hong Kong?? OMG!!! I am very scared of gecko and I thought there wont be any here... They don't normally visit newer apartment buildings I supposed??

are there any indigenous poisonous snakes in HK???

I would imagine the climate would be fitting, but I have never heard of any bite fatalities...

As for me, I'm pretty much immune to slithery creatures. My uncle used to have a 7 foot burmese python as a pet for almost 15 years, name was Dr. Spock. We used to feed it rabbits, it was so dang big.

Quote Originally Posted by dong:
    Oh no, you mean there is actually gecko residents in Hong Kong?? OMG!!! I am very scared of gecko and I thought there wont be any here... They don't normally visit newer apartment buildings I supposed??
    Yes theres loads of them!

Quote Originally Posted by goergeWbush:
    are there any indigenous poisonous snakes in HK???

I would imagine the climate would be fitting, but I have never heard of any bite fatalities...

As for me, I'm pretty much immune to slithery creatures. My uncle used to have a 7 foot burmese python as a pet for almost 15 years, name was Dr. Spock. We used to feed it rabbits, it was so dang big.
    A few pioisonous snakes including the King Cobra. I've seen cobra's down near Sai Kung but you have to look for them. A few other poisonous species about but they do tend to stay out of the way.

And as for Gecko's they will get into any buildings including brand new ones. They use pipes, water drainage channels and pretty much anything else to get in. Harmless but they move quick when disturbed which is what usually gives people a shock!

Just have to make friends with them (the geckos) I guess....

Cool

A few weekends back, I went with some friends to Ocean Park, we were at the Highlands walking when this big brown snake crossed a few feet in front of us coming from the bushes. We just stood there watching the snake pass by while one of my friends was gone in no time (she is terrified of snakes).

In case you come across one, just stay alert. I believe they are more afraid of humans and their first impulse is to run away.

when u see a snake out in the open...make some noise but dont get too close or attempt to attack it. snakes retreat before they attack. the brown snake you saw is most likely harmless...

Quote Originally Posted by zatoichi:
    Hey CK!

Gecko's are said to be a sign of luck - and better yet, they eat bugs inside your apartment.

Hey Zat!

Never heard of the luck thing, but thx for trying to make me feel better!

King Cobra

Was shocked when someone said King Cobra in HK. Looked it up and.... yep... they are supposedly here. http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.ed...us_hannah.html

good ole google

what a gorgeous snake i've been contemplating getting a tattoo of one...thankfully I've never run into one in the wild. have seen them in singapore, though. only dangerous snake i've encountered in the wild here (and I've really traipsed around) was a green bamboo snake....moving very sluggishly (thank god).