Like Tree8Likes

Thoughts on Miss Hong Kong Pageant?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I believe that you need to be, or be related to, or be a business partner of Mr Albert Yeung for that to happen (and then it's more or less automatic). He also pimps some of them out for $100,000 per night, allegedly.

For a 100k I could buy a nice car. :0
    Posted via Mobile Device

agreed. haha lol thanks guys

As usual, coming to these threads days late...

Quote Originally Posted by KateThrine:
    Hi, I was just wondering what people think of the HK pageant. Yea i know for the last few years, the girls have been UGLY (sorry, that's just my thoughts). So yea, this question is vague, but say whatever you want about it...
    thanks.
    KateT - Starting a thread just to generally slag off contestants of zee Missy HK pageant, throwing in the one and only adjective (in caps): "UGLY", is an example of how us 'females' are often our own greatest critic, of one another, not just ourselves.

Indeed, you must be a real good looker yourself - to be confident enough to do this (right?).

But, then again, we're all just being frivolous online? Simply passing time - 'Dak-han' 'Chui shui' in Canto... Nothing wrong with that, eh

BTW, me no fan of pageants. Excuse - just my thoughts.
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by emmie:
    Indeed, you must be a real good looker yourself - to be confident enough to do this (right?).
    I, respectfully, disagree. Someone doesn't have to be a beauty themselves to critique the looks of beauty pageant contestants.

If we applied your logic to other fields of endeavor, only world-famous chefs would be qualified to criticize the quality of food served up in a restaurant, only award-winning directors should express their opinion of films, etc.

dear giant - Who said anything 'bout 'logic' here?

And, aren't we all just being a bit frivolous, once in a while?

(Here, I'll throw in toothy grin to prove it: )

BTW, love your expanding range of topics - from mundane to social & lifestyle - on Geo (yeah, I noticed )

dear giant likes this.

lol to the tagged word....

pig dogs and ugly stick... LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by wcluk:
    lol to the tagged word....

pig dogs and ugly stick... LOL...

I'm surprised the word "gold digger" is not in there... maybe now it would be

I honestly feel bad for a few of them, since it is not their choice, as some of them are actually *cough* sold * slaved *cough* to the entertainment industry at a real young age by their parents who was just too money blinded to see what is good for their children's feeling or future for that matter...

But for all those "pure gold diggers" out there, remember that karma "what goes around, comes around"....

Quote Originally Posted by emmie:
    KateT - Starting a thread just to generally slag off contestants of zee Missy HK pageant, throwing in the one and only adjective (in caps): "UGLY", is an example of how us 'females' are often our own greatest critic, of one another, not just ourselves.

But, then again, we're all just being frivolous online? Simply passing time - 'Dak-han' 'Chui shui' in Canto... Nothing wrong with that, eh

BTW, me no fan of pageants. Excuse - just my thoughts.
    Well I am sorry that I do not like those girls ok? I never said I wanted to be in the pageant, I was just asking for thoughts, and as people are contributing to this thread, well my opinion is that they're ugly. I'm sorry if that offended you. And you said you don't like pageants either, why was that in a smaller font again?

Now in Hong Kong. Previously in Toronto, Canada

I agree... the HK so call 'beauty contestants' are just another 'Desperate seeking fame' girls.

KateThrine likes this.