Like Tree8Likes

Thoughts on Miss Hong Kong Pageant?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on Miss Hong Kong Pageant?

Hi, I was just wondering what people think of the HK pageant. Yea i know for the last few years, the girls have been UGLY (sorry, that's just my thoughts). So yea, this question is vague, but say whatever you want about it...
    thanks.

dear giant likes this.

Its pretty much an open audition for TVB and the Emperor Group to find the latest new attractive 'Actress' or 'Singer' and it doesn't ultimately matter if they have negligible talent.

Last edited by jimbo; 25-05-2010 at 09:48 AM. Reason: typo

Ah, who cares? The HK standard of beauty doesn't conform to Western norms anyway. The choice of models on subway diet posters should make this blindingly obvious.

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Its pretty much an open audition for TVB and the Emperor Group to find the latest new attractive 'Actress' or 'Singer' and it doesn't ultimately matter of they have negligible talent.
    Yep, just check the credits for the latest TVB drama, every actress is a former miss HK.

Wasn't the last one the daughter of a very rich businessman?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Its pretty much an open audition for TVB and the Emperor Group to find the latest new attractive 'Actress' or 'Singer' and it doesn't ultimately matter if they have negligible talent.

You mean attractive "hostess".... and they do need talent.. where that talent may lay, well that's a debate that only the elite few can comment on..

No new news here, move along
    KateThrine and wcluk like this.

IIRC, the show i watched two years ago was a real slap in the faces to HK girls. the 1st and 2nd girls were both and raised in Canada.

My opinion is that oversea raised are better than the locals...
    My thought
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by kale:
    IIRC, the show i watched two years ago was a real slap in the faces to HK girls. the 1st and 2nd girls were both and raised in Canada.
    But the bed they chose to lie in was in Hong Kong, so that's OK.

Mr Gay HK wasnt even yellow!

I wouldn't say all the contestants in Miss HK were that bad... i don't think i would complain if i came back home and found one or two on my bed...

KateThrine likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast