junk advertisement calls

Closed Thread

junk advertisement calls

It is very annoying to have junk advertisement calls coming to mobile. Since I cannot understand Cantonese, there is no idea which company or which one is doing that. I heard from somewhere that there is some function to stop receiving those recorded bulk calls. If anyone familiar with those things, please let me know.

Not heard of that. You can block the blocker on landlines. For calls to your mobile I don't pick up calls who hide their caller id. This is not perfect as some spam calls show their number; not tried ringing them back though.

oh..no way to block those calls. thank you for your advise.

Well when you understand Cantonese then you'd realize they ask you if you've problem losing hair, every 2 weeks.. kinda annoying indeed!

I heard that HK Govt is slowly working on it, like junk email and so on. Hope sooner or later it works for mobile ads, too!

Cheers, Blom

yes....
    even our HK Chief Executive woke up by this junk call the time when he's visiting YunNam Province .........

Wink You can stop the calls

I have heard some of the calls which would ask for your choice at the end of the calls. It said that if you don't want to receive such calls, you can press....

So I think if you want to stop the call, you can give your phone to someone who knows Cantonese and help you to choose to stop the calls at the end.

I would be concerned that that in itself was a trick to get you to acknowledge your existence.

I beleive that the cell phone companies are selling customer data to advertisers.

JaredHK

phone companies are not allowed to sell data, but can only transfer you data to their group companies..............

I know those direct marketing company simply use computer to generate random call and use voice mssg to promote product or service..