Like Tree35Likes

am i thinking correct?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

i wasn't jumping on the OP...

he asked if claire was a man or woman... i simply responded to his question.

doesn't matter if there was one guy named claire... it's still a woman's name.

just like you don't meet any "frank's" that are women... it's a man's name.

i know two Bev's that are men...still, 9/10 times it's a woman's name.

UNLESS you are asian and have "taken" an english name...then, there are no rules...

i've met a female garfield" & a male "penny".... i've also met "purple", "jenitor", "manson", "zeus", "isis", "venus" and a plethora of other names that you can never tell which one is which...

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    I'm slightly confused here - the OP (according to his other posts) is "from Bangalore" and, hence, I assume his parents are also, and that he (the OP) is in HK on an Employment Visa. Other posts suggest that he is a new-ish arrival.

On what basis would the parents be able to live with him in Hong Kong anyway?

Isn't the question moot?
    I doubt his parents will be in hk, i think he is asking in general what he should do if he moves back to India.

Interesting, I have a male colleague named Susan and I got a male vendor's first name Machine.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    i wasn't jumping on the OP...

he asked if claire was a man or woman... i simply responded to his question.

doesn't matter if there was one guy named claire... it's still a woman's name.

just like you don't meet any "frank's" that are women... it's a man's name.

i know two Bev's that are men...still, 9/10 times it's a woman's name.

UNLESS you are asian and have "taken" an english name...then, there are no rules...

i've met a female garfield" & a male "penny".... i've also met "purple", "jenitor", "manson", "zeus", "isis", "venus" and a plethora of other names that you can never tell which one is which...
    It doesn't matter a jot what the screen name is, you can't assume that someone with a "male" or "female" screen name is a man or woman anyway.
    Football16 likes this.

I'm slightly confused here - the OP (according to his other posts) is "from Bangalore" and, hence, I assume his parents are also, and that he (the OP) is in HK on an Employment Visa. Other posts suggest that he is a new-ish arrival.

On what basis would the parents be able to live with him in Hong Kong anyway?

Isn't the question moot?
    He just wanted to check whether there are more people like him who come to office and spend most of the company bandwidth on geoexpat

Been there, done that. My advice from personal experience is don't do it unless your mother is totally unable to look afer herself. Your wife and mother will end up hating each other and you will be stuck in the middle. Not good.

Rather depends on how hot her mother is doesn't it?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Rather depends on how hot her mother is doesn't it?
    Er, it's his mother.

Question of the day

If your mom and your wife (both can't swim) both falls into the sea who would you save?

Deadly,isn't it?

Oh, er, yes, sorry. Got a bit carried away in my fantasies there

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast