Hair Gel question.....

Closed Thread

Hair Gel question.....

Hi all,

I am from the US and I visit HK from time to time. HK people are so trendy and their hair styles are so cool. The guys all have those spiky dry hair looks. I want to know what kind of styling gels they use and are they available in US? The gels in US all give a wet look and it sucks.

Thank You

hi mate i am from oz but i know what u mean you have to go for the "pastes" these are not quite wax but more of a cream but have the qualities of gel..leaves the hair looking natural rather than the wet look...a question..how do i change my profile name that first appears?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Gauci:
    hi mate i am from oz but i know what u mean you have to go for the "pastes" these are not quite wax but more of a cream but have the qualities of gel..leaves the hair looking natural rather than the wet look...a question..how do i change my profile name that first appears?
    I am not sure...that is my id when i register...

any name brand for the pastes?

Mandom 'G' Super Hard Long Keep Gel. Japanese hair gel.

Great stuff, never looses it's hold and doesn't look greasy and wet like most gel. Dunno if its bad for your hair though, because it makes your hair feel like cement.

If waxes and pastes work for your hair type then great. The stuff by Gatsby is good. Personally, the above gel is the only thing strong enough for me, and the advantage with gel is that it dries, so if you put your hands on your hair they don't feel sticky like they would with waxes/pastes.

Quote Originally Posted by bert:
    Mandom 'G' Super Hard Long Keep Gel. Japanese hair gel.

Great stuff, never looses it's hold and doesn't look greasy and wet like most gel. Dunno if its bad for your hair though, because it makes your hair feel like cement.

If waxes and pastes work for your hair type then great. The stuff by Gatsby is good. Personally, the above gel is the only thing strong enough for me, and the advantage with gel is that it dries, so if you put your hands on your hair they don't feel sticky like they would with waxes/pastes.
    Do you know if there is a website that you can buy Mandom or Gatsby hair products that will ship to the US? I found a site but they only ship in Singapore.