Can someone teach me to read & write in Chinese?

Closed Thread

Can someone teach me to read & write in Chinese?

Hi,

My name is Ange and I have just recently moved to HK from Australia.

My parents are from HK so I can speak conversational chinese however I cannot read or write in Cantonese and would like to improve on my business chinese and my reading and writing abilities.

Would anyone be interested to teach me or know of anyone that does teach at this level? I'm willing to teach english (the best I can!) as an exchange...

Cheers!

Hi Ange,

Maybe I can. But you have to tell me what is your exact expectation? Being able to read the Local HK magazines or just for business purposes?

Regards,
    Mag

hmm... at this stage to be able to conduct a business conversation fluently and then progress to reading...

How much do you charge?

Thx

I think Powerword 2006 is a great software for you, it is very cheap, about $65, it can translate english to chinese, or chinese to english.

http://www.google.com/search?q=power...en-USfficial

Wink Won't be too difficult for you to learn ...I think!

Hello Ange,

I am a local girl here!
    I can speak fluent Cantonese and Mandarin.
    As you have a basic understanding of Chinese, think it won't be too difficult for you to learn business language.
    Maybe I can help you a bit in exchange for practising English.

Hi Agne,
    I'm Cornelius , a local guy here~
    I also can speak fluent Cantonese and Mandarin.
    And I am a college student studying at Community College of City University of Hong Kong. I also want to meet some friends who come from other countries~
    If you want to be a friend with me, add my MSN.
    I think i can teach you more efficiently.
    My MSN is : [email protected]

hello Ange and every one,

How are you?

Perhaps we can just meet and chat. I would love to meet more people, doesn't matter where you are from or what language you speak.

I myself can speak fluent Cantonese, English and Mandarin. I don't mind doing some language practices(again, doesn't matter what language it is), but it would be even better if i get to meet people who simply just enjoy interacting interculturally.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
    Douglas

Writing Chinese for 11 year old

Hi there,

Our son is 11 years old and speaks Mandarin fluently. As he grew up in the States, he never really learned how to write the simplified characters. He is now at HKIS and is in a difficult spot - because he doesn't belong in either the Chinese as a second language class or the native Mandarin class.

We would like to hire a tutor who can focus on writing/memorising the Chinese characters.

Do you know if there are any schools or tutors who provide this service?

Regards,
    Melissa

I would be interested too, I can read Chinese but I can't write in Chinese to save my life. It's like, you can recognize a word when you see it but when you have to put it down on paper, the shape of the word just dissolves in your mind. It's quite annoying actually.