dimsum/chinese resto in english

dimsum/chinese resto in english

hi! anyone around here knows of a chinese restaurant, preferably those that serves dimsum..and has menu in english? i've been to dimsums, but im always coming with a hong kong local so no problem when ordering...those times, i've seen that menus are in chinese and then they have this paper that they stamped on upon giving the orders...would appreciate any help.

the restaurant called Jade Garden in TsimShaTsui - Star House do serve dim sum and also with English menu.

Dragon-I does good dim sum

Chinese restaurant in Excelsior Hotel does good dim sum. English/Japanese/Chinese picture-menu. On the pricey side relative to more local restaurants but very good quality.

City Hall at least you can see what you are ordering

Maxim Seafood Restaurants, which are everywhere, have Chinese menus, but they still go around in carts, so you can have the ladies show you what is in each cart. Quality isn't the best, but prices are, and they have all the basic dim sum you'd expect

My experience is that many Dimsum places in HK island at least have English menus, but the speed at which the English menu is fished out depends on the restaurant and who you ask. Even some hole-in-the-wall joints have English menus, but it is likely to be one solitary, tattered copy in the bottom drawer. Some of them also have the lady with the cart/tray, so that makes it easy.

Most of the joints mentioned in this thread have English menus for dimsum. Maxims ( at least the oulets in HK island and some in KLN and NT as well) , dragon-i, City Hall. I'd also recommend Victoria City in Citic Pacific (Admiralty) and Sun Hung Kai Center ( Wanchai) for good diumsum and Eng menus. Also 'Dimsum' in Happy Valley for menu with pics.

To get by, it pays to learn the names of some of the essential dimsums - Sui Mai, Har Gau, Ao Yo, Pai Kwat, Cheung Fan.

Finally, master the subtle art of finger pointing. Look around at other tables and point out to your waiter if something catches your fancy. I mean dimsums by the way

Mat

Zen in Pacific Place
    Dim Sum in Happy Valley
    China Club in Central
    Dragon I in LKF
    City Hall in Central
    Che cantonese restaurant in Wan Chai
    Metropole in Admiralty

..just so many.....

thanks for all the suggestions! i'll try some...and use some cantonese i just learned..'yao mouh ying man cham pay a?' (hope this is right...)