Park Island revisited

Park Island revisited

I've read through a bunch of posts here on Park Island but still have more questions. I'm not yet in HK, hopefully by mid-June and I WON'T be committing myself to a lease prior to seeing the place but I came across a great apartment on Park Island and want to know if I should even consider it. I should be working in Central so the ferry will be very convenient. I'm mostly concerned about the noise level and transportation. The unit I'm looking at is in Tower 1, looks like it's on a relatively high floor although not sure exactly which floor, but it faces the water. I've read that some who live there find the noise from the plane somewhat unberable. Is it really that bad? Also, I'll be traveling quite a bit. How do I get to the airport if no cars are allowed on the island?

Thanks!

I know someone living facing the water on Park Island. There is definitely some noise. Actually his biggest complaint is the ocean-liners honking on the water, which he can hear from 25th floor. It's especially noisy on foggy nights. But, of course, you get used to it like everything else. I would suggest you go visit the flat and spend some time there to see what the noise level is like.

Honestly, if this unit is still available in 2 months, then you may not want to consider it. Or at least, you know you have some negotiating power to reduce the asking rent.

Thanks for the info. I can't wait till I can actually get there to check it out for myself. Most of my friends who live in HK have been telling me to forget about "island-living" due to transportation issues and being tied to the ferry schedule. So many things to think about...

consider it!!!
    there is no better place in hong kong than park island.

and the problem about the noise level: it isnt that bad. there are only a few planes a day which fly very low, the rest you almost cannot hear. and at nite its quite.

after a while u dont hear them at all. ;-)

anyway: i have never been to a more quiet and calm place in hong kong before.

how to get to the airport? thats easy (many flight attendants and pilots live here on park island): take the shuttle bus to tsing yi (around 10mins) and then take the airport express MTR directly to the airport.
    cant be more convenient ;-)

if you have any more questions: [email protected]

sandra

Red face

Hi Sandra,

Do you live on Park Island now? I'm moving to HK in Aug and I'm going to live there as I'm going to be working on Ma Wan. What's living on the island like? Are there many restaurants? What about laundry shops and supermarkets? By the way, are you like a real estate agent or something like that for Park Island?

Quote Originally Posted by pumi23:
    consider it!!!
    there is no better place in hong kong than park island.

and the problem about the noise level: it isnt that bad. there are only a few planes a day which fly very low, the rest you almost cannot hear. and at nite its quite.

after a while u dont hear them at all. ;-)

anyway: i have never been to a more quiet and calm place in hong kong before.

how to get to the airport? thats easy (many flight attendants and pilots live here on park island): take the shuttle bus to tsing yi (around 10mins) and then take the airport express MTR directly to the airport.
    cant be more convenient ;-)

if you have any more questions: [email protected]

sandra