De-Humidifiers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I bought something from Wing On or Sincere (about $2,500). That was over 10 years ago and I had no trouble with that unit whatsoever.
    The bucket holds about 10 Liter. It looks like a piece of furniture and I can put a flower pot on top.

When, and if, that thing breaks down, I'd like to have one with less noise, however.

Thanks

Thanks for everyone's help, got them from Fortress at Times Sq today.... quiet ones with 20l per day and 5.6 l bucket they gace a discount so they cost 2800HK$ Tai Lin is still there and have TV's on one floor and all the household stuff on the other floor. It is a Rowenta one that you can also attach a pipe to the back if you are on holiday etc ..... It was more expensive than I hoped but compared to replacing my leather sofa and suede shoes !!!.

Thanks for the info again.

Quote Originally Posted by lowlight:
    If you want to buy something that will likely break down the day the warranty ends.. go for it!
    thought it was like that with 99% of consumer products!

warranty ends and it breaks you bin it and buy a new one! thats the hk way!

deleteduser
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    thought it was like that with 99% of consumer products!

warranty ends and it breaks you bin it and buy a new one! thats the hk way!
    I don't mind doing that for things like TV's and other things that improve.. But I want my A/C, Dehumidifier, and fridge to last 5 years at least!

De Humids

Hi,

If you haven't found a dehumidifier by now suggest you go to Wing On Centre, we use the one in Sheung Wan. We bought White Westinghouse. It is worth figuring out whether you will be away and for how long as to what size you get, hence what size tank a they need emptying pretty often in this kind of humidity at the moment. We got a 16 litre capacity one and it gets very full in a smallish room. They are not cheap - around $2500 but it has been worth the money. Get one with Fuzzy option if you can. We paid $700 on the Asia Expat website second hand and were ripped off. It turned out that the button that determines whether the tank is full was not working and we got flooded. Not happy about that. Buy new. Good luck

Rowenta

Thanks, we did already get the Rowenta ones which are great, there is also an option to put a tube in from the back if we go away. I will just put on a chair and the tube into the bath...........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2