Like Tree8Likes

trailing spouses - gay or lesbian

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Many people meet those requirements without being anything other than friends who have bought a property together (assuming "co-habitation" means "under the same roof", not "in the same bed"). So that's not a good set of criteria.
    Perhaps, but neither are the legal criteria necessary to recognize straight marriages: simply a marriage certificate (done by any rent a judge or priest) and a license (pass a blood test, and pay $50 and you've got it). So, given that most jurisdictions don't issue licenses to gay couples, what in your wisdom do you consider legitimate criteria for gay couples as opposed to straights who have made a mockery of marriage with their divorce rates and infidelity. The three criteria I listed are already more than straight couples are required to show. Should it be Kids? Some gay couples have them some straight don't. Sex? We have that. Commitment? Mine is going on 16 years.

If you are going to set parameters, they should apply equally to all, so please, tell us what yours would be.

guys just ignore PDLM. He's an ass that like to antagonize people for fun. I completely understand a gay male in hong kong wanting other gay friends to hang out with to do things, other than clubbing. It's a weird gay scene here, very closed off I find.

Sometimes the local gay church in town does meet and greets but most of the mixers are cantonese speakers. There is a GLTB coffee shop near soho where a lot of the community goes- you can meet people there and make friends without expectations of having to bang them afterwards. Unless, you want to- no judging...

Quote Originally Posted by graybird:
    If you are going to set parameters, they should apply equally to all, so please, tell us what yours would be.
    I've told you quite clearly already, but I guess reading isn't your forte.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy3x4:
    guys just ignore PDLM. He's an ass that like to antagonize people for fun. ...
    You misunderstand him. I have had many run ins with PDLM and sometimes he comes out with stuff that is bizarre and/or offensive but I honestly don't think he does it for fun.

I completely understand a gay male in hong kong wanting other gay friends to hang out with to do things, other than clubbing.
    So if I organise a hike and specify that only straight people can come you'd be fine with that would you?

So if I organise a hike and specify that only straight people can come you'd be fine with that would you?
    You really are being a dick today. It's perfectly fine to seek out social groups to go hiking with, and you can define social groups on race, sexuality, football teams, gender, whatever you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff:
    You really are being a dick today. It's perfectly fine to seek out social groups to go hiking with, and you can define social groups on race, sexuality, football teams, gender, whatever you like.
    Really? So a "whites only" hike would be perfectly acceptable to you would it? I don't think it's me who's out of line with societal norms on that one!

guys just ignore PDLM. He's an ass that like to antagonize people for fun. I completely understand a gay male in hong kong wanting other gay friends to hang out with to do things, other than clubbing. It's a weird gay scene here, very closed off I find.

Sometimes the local gay church in town does meet and greets but most of the mixers are cantonese speakers. There is a GLTB coffee shop near soho where a lot of the community goes- you can meet people there and make friends without expectations of having to bang them afterwards. Unless, you want to- no judging...
    Hey thanks. Very helpful. Not to worry about PDLM. I figured anyone who has posted as many responses on this site during normal daylight hours over the years was just sort of sad really, so no harm done. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Really? So a "whites only" hike would be perfectly acceptable to you would it? I don't think it's me who's out of line with societal norms on that one!
    I guess you're incapable of telling the difference between

"want to hike with some gay people"

and

"want to hike only with gay people"

I see plenty of posts on here saying things like

"Want to meet people from Vancourver", "looking for other BBC's", "want to meet other bored housewives"... I don't see a difference between those and "Want to meet gay people for a hike"

Lets see how many people agree with you, and work out who is really out of touch with societal norms.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff:
    You really love an argument don't you Geoff? There are some argumentative buggers on here but you are probably the most consistent.

How about a special thread just for Geoff, PDLM, Freetrader, Gilles and a few others who can then argue amongst themselves to their hearts content.
    elle and Katiedot like this.