Like Tree8Likes

trailing spouses - gay or lesbian

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    How about a special thread just for Geoff, PDLM, Freetrader, Gilles and a few others who can then argue amongst themselves to their hearts content.
    And let PDLM bully people seeking IVF, gay friends or visa advice freely on the rest of the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by graybird:
    I figured anyone who has posted as many responses on this site during normal daylight hours over the years was just sort of sad really
    Then you figured wrong. For several years I was stuck in a job where I had to be in the office but didn't have much work to do. This was just a way of passing the time, and many people seem to appreciate advice given here (see that "thanks" count?). When I do disappear for less than 2 days people are asking for me to come back and give advice.
    Football16 likes this.

Calm down everyone. Im just defrosting some frozen chapatis for us all
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    When I do disappear for less than 2 days people are asking for me to come back and give advice.
    Zipped out, now in again -
    WAH... what a thread.

Strange but true.
    Even his brief - 40 or so hrs - absence from Geo was felt...

How about a special thread just for Geoff, PDLM, Freetrader, Gilles and a few others who can then argue amongst themselves to their hearts content.
    What a fabulous idea

Now isn't that special? And I hadn't even posted here yet. Isn't it just possible, Hull, that the people who say the more interesting things are more likely to get into robust 'discussions' than people who are simply obsessed with frozen chapattis? My experience (in the one month I've been around this forum) is that when I get into an agry discussion with someone (as I have with you once or twice) its because the reader hadn't really read, or understood, what I had posted. I think that PDLM is having the same problem today. I don't necessarily agree with everything he says, but I like the way he thinks. Also, I don't think there is anything offensive about his query about the parameters for recognizing domestic partners. He is simply asking an interesting question.
    Last edited by Freetrader; 04-06-2010 at 10:30 AM.
    Football16 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:
    My experience (in the one month I've been around this forum) is that when I get into an agry discussion with someone (as I have with you once or twice) its because the reader hadn't really read, or understood, what I had posted.
    Your arrogance and ego are mind-blowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:
    Now isn't that special? And I hadn't even posted here yet. Isn't it just possible, Hull, that the people who say the more interesting things are more likely to get into robust 'discussions' than people who are simply obsessed with frozen chapattis? My experience (in the one month I've been around this forum) is that when I get into an agry discussion with someone (as I have with you once or twice) its because the reader hadn't really read, or understood, what I had posted. I think that PDLM is having the same problem today. I don't necessarily agree with everything he says, but I like the way he thinks. Also, I don't think there is anything offensive about his query about the parameters for recognizing domestic partners. He is simply asking an interesting question.
    I often agree with all the posters I listed, including you, so it was not a personal attack. There just seem to be some people who love an argument and seem to get into one all the time. Don't get me wrong I actually enjoy a "robust discussion" myself.
    Freetrader likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff:
    Your arrogance and ego are mind-blowing.
    Case proven
    Freetrader likes this.

Now in Hong Kong. Previously in Toronto, Canada

Hey bro, I don't have a partner but am working here in HK....I do have some friends here. I go to the Zoo Bar sometimes, and Club 97 on Fridays... if I'm off work early! welcome to hk and good luck... ur partner asian?