Merton Building

Merton Building

My wife and I have set our hearts on living in the Merton, but don't need an appartment till the beginning of July.....
    We looked at a 3 bedroom one on the 51st floor and were told the price would be 14.5k per month.
    Is this a good price?
    Does anyone know a good agency to deal with to get the price down?
    Many thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by honkkongjohn:
    My wife and I have set our hearts on living in the Merton, but don't need an appartment till the beginning of July.....
    We looked at a 3 bedroom one on the 51st floor and were told the price would be 14.5k per month.
    Is this a good price?
    Does anyone know a good agency to deal with to get the price down?
    Many thanks in advance
    high floor, 1000+ sq ft, tt's gona cost quite a bit more definitely.. not sure abt the rate coz i only looked at tower 2's 2 bedrooms..

U shld approach more than just 1 agency in Kennedy Town to get the best rates out of them. But remember to take note of the unit numbers (It's not gona be as ez.. coz they are all empty and all look the same..) the agents are showing u coz if u rent one that 2 agents viewed w u, U are liable (Read the contractual terms) to pay both agents commissions.

& just bargain ur way down.. tell them a lower budget, tell them u got better offers frm other agents too.

Hi HongKong John

I have friends that have moved there.

The prices have been negotiated down, so do barter.
    You are a tad high on the price, it could go down by about 1-2K.

Another hint for you is, do not that the flat as it is, ask for certain conditions to be set in place before you move in, you never know what the landlord will agree to.

Last edited by TOOTS; 01-05-2006 at 04:33 PM.