Like Tree12Likes

Is crime an "out of sight, out of mind" thing in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by claytonmscott:
    Lucky you! Here in California when in an incorporated city they have to be unloaded.
    That's OK. I simply unload them by throwing them out of my SUV windows if I think the cops are on my tail. But that is annoying when I had planned to do a drive-by shooting later. In that case, I need to go to Shenzhen to pick up some more guns.

Methinks I feel a chapati outcome brewing here!

"Walk softly and carry an armored tank division, I always say."

Who said this? Without googling, you sneaky bastards.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Theodore Roosevelt?

Mr Magoo?????

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    That's definitely true.
    Absolutely true.

nyc pales in comparison in terms of relative safety to hong kong, i lived in manhattan for the last 30yrs and just recently moved to hong kong, in nyc you have to walk around with the mindset that anything can happen to you and i just dont get that vibe here. hope i didnt jinx myself .

I damn near got hopped in Jamaica Queens a few years ago because I wouldn't give two guys Newports. I had something sharp and pointy on me, but I definitely wasn't looking forward to having to use it. I decided to walk away. I'm 6'1 210 and the two Latino guys were right around my size.

I don't think I'm going to get into any fights over cigarettes here. I don't smoke anymore, but even if I did, I don't see locals threatening to whoop my ass for not giving them cigarettes. lol

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 09-06-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    I damn near got hopped in Jamaica Queens a few years ago because I wouldn't give two guys Newports. I had something sharp and pointy on me, but I definitely wasn't looking forward to having to use it. I decided to walk away. I'm 6'1 210 and the two Latino guys were right around my size.

I don't think I'm going to get into any fights over cigarettes here. I don't smoke anymore, but even if I did, I don't see locals threatening to whoop my ass for not giving them cigarettes. lol
    you wouldve lost your pack of newports if you were in bed/stuy

haha maybe! It wasn't even a pack though--just three loosies. I can take a lot better care of myself now than I could then though.

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 09-06-2010 at 06:32 PM.