Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

INTERNSHIP NO PAYMENT 2 Months, but my visa only 30 days

Dear All experts and Guru,

Really need help,

I am university student and
    I've got an internship in Hong Kong taking 2 months,

But my tourist visa stamp for 30 days,

I earn the credit from my university but no payment from HKG,

- Can I do my internship with tourist visa? ( For company, tourist visa is OK but immigration I dont know whether it is OK for them?)

- Would it possible to extend my visa as a visitor for the next 30 days period?
    ( I have flight return ticket, financial support document)

-Also the company issue the visitor permit( means I could visit, do some project with them but there is no payment) Is OK to use this for visa extension?

The only reason is I could not find the reason to stay for immigration.

Thank you for every comments.

Regards,

bluemist

What kind of "internship" is it? Is it something at a school?

If you are there as a tourist you aren't allowed to "work" if that's what it is. You'll need to get sponsored to work there by the employer, since that's what it sounds like.

bluemist likes this.

My adviser ( I will not call him employer) only issue the company visitor, not the same as visa. Also they will not paid me.

As a visitor, still the training visa required? Since I will apply visa extension for visitor.

Also I am quite confuse with between visitor and tourist. For 30 days visa stamp, this one call the tourist or the visitor? Since the extension valid only for visitor?

Visitor and tourist means the same thing. You're not allowed to work, and supposed to be there for sightseeing, visiting friends/relatives, etc.

What is a "company visitor"? But if you are getting paid it sounds like you are working, and this would be illegal for both you and them. If caught there are serious ramifications. And he can get away with not paying you because you can't rat on him or you'd incriminate yourself.

bluemist likes this.

Thanks, very clear.

Last question,

For visitor visa extension, if I write down in the reason box that I want to travel in HKG for next 1 month, please extend my visa for next 30 days, Is this reason OK for immigration?

Also many people said, if you want to stay for the next 30 days, go to Macao and coming back, you will get the next 30 days, Is this true?

Last option, I stay for 30days, fly back to my country and come to HKG again for next 30 days. Any comment for this?

It makes no difference where you go to. And you will almost certainly be granted the second 30 days. It's 3rd, 4th, etc times that get increasingly risky.

But as others have said, what you are doing is against the Immigration Rules, so there's always a chance it could go wrong. Whatever you do, don't tell Immigration what you are doing - just tell them you are on holiday.

Thanks Hairball PDLM,

I am just only want to stay for 2 month, that's all.

A bit jealous for those 90 days visa, also many intern with 30 days visa persons like me face the same prob. Too lazy to do the visa since we stay only 2-3 months. While training visa take 1 year and must wait for long.

Thanks again, I'll keeping alert.

May be I might used a wrong word, must be the visitor (since the company issue the visitor permit), not the internship. So do not suspect me of doing things against the rule.

What you are doing is fairly clearly illegal, of that there is no doubt. From The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region - Immigration Department

Conditions of Stay

12. A successful applicant entering the HKSAR as a visitor shall be subject to the following conditions of stay that:

1. he/she shall not take up any employment whether paid or unpaid;
    2. he/she shall not establish or join in any business; and
    3. he/she shall not become a student at a school, university or other educational institution.

13. A person permitted to enter the HKSAR as a visitor may generally engage in the following business-related activities: concluding contracts or submitting tenders; examining or supervising the installation/packaging of goods or equipment; participating in exhibitions or trade fairs (except selling goods or supplying services direct to the general public), settling compensation or other civil proceedings; participating in product orientation; and attending short-term seminars or other business meetings.

PDLM, Thank you very much, I will go collecting visa information and apply for it.

I used to confuse with the company and the immigration, now, very clear.

By visitor permit, I take it you mean tourist visa? What kind of company can issue tourist visas?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast