Like Tree16Likes

Visitor / Dependant visa for parents

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Carang, yes, I mean twice a year for 3 months duration on each visit, even it works out for once a year for a 3 months visit that should be fine, I can manage, even I can go to India and see them. I think I should be ok as per your response.

Thanks a lot to all you guys, you all have been very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by hello_there:
    Not necessarily at all - everyone's circumstances are different. Many of my friends have their parents from the US spending months at a time in HK (especially when they have younger children). People on shorter term assignments (a couple years or so) don't start a new life abroad necessarily.
    Agreed that everyones circumstances are different. If you are forunate (or unfortunate in my books) enough to have your parents visit all the time, then great. My comment was quite general but really directed at Shankar to let him know that sacrifices need to be made.

I think we all make sacrifices to lead an expat life, no? Even those here for "shorter term assignments" need to put their life on hold for a while.
    shankar.maru likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    My comment was quite general but really directed at Shankar to let him know that sacrifices need to be made.
    OP is an adult and i am sure he knows what life is all about.

@Shankar,
    as few of them have already pointed out,3 months visa will not be a problem.don't worry.
    but i am not too sure if it will be easy to get another 3 month visa in the same year.
    you'll have to try it out and see for yourself.
    wish you all the best with the move!
    shankar.maru likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Shankar, if you do go ahead and have your parents apply for the extended visitor visa, do come back here and tell of your experience - it could be useful for others.

thanks pinkelephant, if the second 3 months is not possible in the same year its ok, I will go to India and see my parents, thanks again.

sure will do Claire ex-ax