Like Tree16Likes

Visitor / Dependant visa for parents

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Visitor / Dependant visa for parents

I am Shankar Maru, I am an Indian passport holder, not a permanent resident of HK, I have got a job offer to work in HK, but I have my parents, father 60+ and mom 50+, both are dependant on me, and I also need to bring them with me.

1) Can I get a dependant visa for them,

2) If the answer the first one is no then, can you please tell me if I can bring them in to stay with me for 14 days every 2 months? and will that 14 days visa have to be pre cleared or they can just enter the country with their passport?

3) Is the HK immigration flexible to give them a 3 months visit visa and can I get that 3 months visa every 6 months so that my parents can stay with me as much as possible.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Shankar

1) No.

2) Yes, that would work. Indian passport holders get 14 days as visitors on arrival.

3) You may even be able to get them extended visitors visas for longer than that, but each case is judged case by case by Immigration. You would need to be able to demonstrate that you have the means to support them at a reasonable level. How much money that requires depends also on whether you are bring a wife, kids, etc.

shankar.maru likes this.

thanks PDLM.

for the 3rd point, yes I think my salary is good enough to show them that I can take care of my wife, and parents, I am getting an IT job in an investment bank. So apart from the money, if I just say them that we miss each other a lot and they have no one with them in India to stay with, and dad is 60+ and mom is 50+, and they become sick if they don't see me in 6 months long time, will that be a good enough reason to convince you think?

Thanks again.

Shankar

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    will that be a good enough reason to convince you think?
    IMO, no. ......
    shankar.maru likes this.

Thanks for the reply. So what reason can I give to the immigration people? I need them to stay with me at least for 3 months, coming in and out, every 6 months. Otherwise I will not be able to take this opportunity. Please help.

Part of being an expat means having to live away from family and friends to start a new life in a new country. If you cant handle that, you may need to reconsider.

shankar.maru likes this.

i HIGHLY doubt that the immigration would accept "you just have to" as a reason to allow two EXTRA adults to accompany you, especially as 50+ is still young...

shankar.maru likes this.

ok but for the 14 days stay they can come and go any number of times right? I know we need to get the visa permit for that too for Indian passport holders, will that be an issue?

Thanks.

why exactly do you "need" them to come for 3 months out of every 6? there is no "need"... it is merely "want" on your part and the part of your parents.

i "want" to see my mother more than once every year or two... i don't "need" it.

besides, don't you think your parents travelling so often will be hard on them? if they are as incapable of taking care of themselves as you would have immig believe, then they would have a difficult time constantly planning trips to hk...

shankar.maru likes this.

Hi Shankar,

You can apply for three month visitor visa for your parents. I do know few Indians doing the same. PM me if you need advise.

shankar.maru likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast