Family Visa-Chinese National

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Family Visa-Chinese National

Hi

I will be getting a work permit in HK and I am British. My mother is from Mainland China. Can she apply for a family visiting visa to HK to stay with me? If so, what is the maximum stay she can get? Will she be better off applying a family visit based on my brother's status, who helds an investor visa in HK and he is a Chinese national as well?

Thanks,
    Amie

None of those situations allow for your mother to visit. She can apply for a visitor visa with her Tong Xing Zheng but can only stay for one week like the rest of Chinese. Your status does not affect her ability to stay with you in HK.

So there is no family visiting visa as such in HK? She could easily get a 6 months family visiting visa to the UK, but not HK!! I thought she could get a 14 days visa with multiple entries valid for 3 months as minimum.

no, there isn't.... the ONLY people who can sponsor parents (over the age of 60) are permanent ID holders.

also, as she is from the mainland, the criteria for her are VERY different to anyone else applying for a visa to come to hk.

Quote Originally Posted by ahayward:
    So there is no family visiting visa as such in HK? She could easily get a 6 months family visiting visa to the UK, but not HK!! I thought she could get a 14 days visa with multiple entries valid for 3 months as minimum.
    i suppose its easier for you to visit her from HK than the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by ahayward:
    If she has permanent residence in another country she can get something like this. For example if she has a US Green Card she could apply for a multiple entry visa. It's good for 14 days, though they have started to limit the number of entries (I think the first visa you get is good for 2 entries, then you have to reapply for another which might grant you more).

As others have said, a Chinese passport is treated much differently in Hong Kong than other passports.

She obviously does not, but but you can imagine their are still millions of mainlanders wanting to reside in HK and that includes those who managed to acquire foreign passports, including from Naru and Angola....

even in the USA, you cannot get a family member visitors visa. If she was an immediate relative like your mom is, she can apply for immigration without queuing up, but you must be a US citizen yourself. You are nothing in HK, but a working tourist.

you can live in shenzhen and no one needs a visa.

Eh? A British citizen who needs an employment visa for HK (i.e. they are not also a HK-Chinese citizen) is going to need some sort of visa to reside in Shenzhen.

I think even Chinese citizens who are HK PR also require a residence permit of some sort (despite the fact they can "visit"). They can't just go up and live wherever they want.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast