Walking on the no thru road? How to get a working Visa now?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Walking on the no thru road? How to get a working Visa now?

Hi,

My boyfriend was a foreigner who supposed to help a owner set up a business in HK. After the company working properly the company will help him to apply a working visa to earn salary & stay in HK. However, in the middle of the road the owner was terminate the project in HK suddenly with him own reason. My boyfriend could not have a working visa, no job & no salary back right now? What to do?

If he want to find a job & stay in HK, how to search? cos most of the agencies we asked & the published jobs was recruited those who has working visa only. In this case, any helpful suggestion?

He got degrees & over 5 years working experience in Japan with perfect Japanese, good english, cantonese & manderine. Both writing & speaking.

Thanks for helping.

Postpet

wat line does he want to be in ?

when u say he speaks perfect japanese, how perfect is perfect ? perfect from the view of a foreigner ? or perfect from the view of a japanese.

i know of ppl recruiting japanese speaking sales person. but that likely means they have to cold call japanese client. and how confident is your bf in doing such sales job ?

trust me, i've known of tonnes of ppl that stayed in japan for 5 or 10 years that prob can't speak much of japanese so i'm more wary...

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    wat line does he want to be in ?

when u say he speaks perfect japanese, how perfect is perfect ? perfect from the view of a foreigner ? or perfect from the view of a japanese.

i know of ppl recruiting japanese speaking sales person. but that likely means they have to cold call japanese client. and how confident is your bf in doing such sales job ?

trust me, i've known of tonnes of ppl that stayed in japan for 5 or 10 years that prob can't speak much of japanese so i'm more wary...
    Thank you for your info.

My boyfriend passed the 1st level of Japanese in Japan. He was a Sales & Production Officer who deal with Japanese everyday. If you said cold call should not be a problem. He was Graduated in Japan's Government University win Scolarship too. If in Japanese point of view, his japanese is about 80%. He also need to serve Japanese, bargain price, talking about production details, living things, daily conversation. However, if more complicated like medical words or Scientific vocabulary is not perfect enough.

He would like to do business type things, like Real Estate, Sales, Merchandising, Retail or Wholesale etc.

And he was a sales officer in a trading company in Tokyo who need to serve Japanese Clients as well, with some Japanese Staffs under him also. And he well known the Japanese Culture & business model as well. Um...I think if doing business, his Japanese is perfect enough.

Thanks for your suggestion & looking forward to your reply soon.

postpet
    Last edited by postpet; 24-06-2006 at 02:43 AM.

if he wants to do real estate sales, i'd think most agencies wld be willing to employ him for his language skills.

if others, then send his CV over we'll see if he can fit into any job

With his storng language ability, I would believe that he can try to find some jobs in Japanese firms, or the sales job in financial companies. Real estate agent is not a bad idea but the salary is not stable. If he is okay with living with unstable income, there's no harm to have a try first. But I wonder if he can get a work visa with that kind of job. Anyway, why not have a try.

Good luck.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    if he wants to do real estate sales, i'd think most agencies wld be willing to employ him for his language skills.

if others, then send his CV over we'll see if he can fit into any job
    Oh...Thanks for your help. So can you introduce which agencies for him to try on or any method at first? & would you mind to leave your email address for his CV? And would those company help to apply working visa if his fit into it?

Thank you very very very much indeed. :>

postpet

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by greentea:
    With his storng language ability, I would believe that he can try to find some jobs in Japanese firms, or the sales job in financial companies. Real estate agent is not a bad idea but the salary is not stable. If he is okay with living with unstable income, there's no harm to have a try first. But I wonder if he can get a work visa with that kind of job. Anyway, why not have a try.

Good luck.
    We tried some Japanese firm before. But they only employed who has working visa already.....so how to start at the first beginning to get the visa?? it's seems so diff. but we are still trying....if any of you interest to employ someone like him, hope you don't mind to leave email for him to send CV or interview can be arrange also. Anyway, thanks for your encouragement.
    Last edited by postpet; 25-06-2006 at 05:40 AM.

How about marrying your boyfriend? Didn't the rules recently change allowing dependents of work visa holders to find employment as well?

sure.email it to [email protected]
    i know of some HH that are looking for jap speaking ppl. but i'd need to see if his experience/background suits.

Smile

To Freeier: Thank you for your help freeier. I will ask him to send CV asap. & just for my learning, what's the meaning of HH? Thanks

To Tsui Wah: Actually, we cannot get marry now due to he does not want to depend on marry to get visa & make it rush. We will try our best to find other way rather than get marry like this....it is not good for our relationship though. we have our plan too....But Thanks for your caring anyway :> .

Last edited by postpet; 25-06-2006 at 12:22 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast