US citizen marry HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

US citizen marry HK

Hey guys,

What is the best method to get marry when,
    Male: HK born & US citizen
    Female: HK resident

Some say the male should marry the female in HK is faster than getting marry in the US but I'm not sure. Any input would appreciate. Thanks!

Can't be any faster than Vegas...
    Posted via Mobile Device

chynakissz1 likes this.

For what purposes, immigration to the USA or settling in Hong Kong?

penguin, do you really think it matters WHERE they got married when it comes to immigration?

hk is VERY simple & straight forward... there are LOADS of threads discussing getting married here.

it makes no difference whatsoever where you are from or what nationality/passport you hold.

Yes because the male will return to the state next year.
    Thanks.

as i said... IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE! it's not like you are getting married by a yoga master on a beach in bali for goodness sake.

So it will make no different to get marry in HK or the US, either way the female will have to wait for 7 years?
    Thanks guys

Last edited by dcyuen; 02-07-2010 at 12:52 PM.

wait for 7 years for what??

does the man want to live in hk? if so, once married, all you have to do is apply for a dependent visa. that allows you to pretty much do whatever you want, work/study etc. so long as you remain married, your dependent visa will be renewed until you reach 7 years... then you can apply for permanent residency. (however, you may already be entitled to that if you were born here.)

for the US, have no idea what the requirements are....

and no, so long as it is a LEGALLY binding wedding... it won't matter where you were married.

Sounds like something off from NatGeo....the male...the female. Call them bride and groom.

Pop over to New Mexico. My husband and I eloped and got married in Santa Fe a couple of years ago. It was the second marriage for us both, hence not wanting the madness that a family wedding might have prompted, given that I live in Hong Kong and he was then residing in Michigan.

Register at the Town Hall, got the licence initiated and paid our US$25 or whatever it was. Same day arranged for a simple ceremony with a registered officiator. Next day had the licence stamped and signed back at the Town Hall. All done. I was pretty amazed that they didn't even need to see copies of our divorce papers!

If the plan is for the couple to ultimately end up in the US together, I'd think a US marriage licence might help, even if just a tiny bit.

Congratulations and much happiness

dcyuen likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast