Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PDLM

What kind of visa?

Closed Thread

What kind of visa?

hallo to everyone!

I'm from Europe and my girlfriend is a Hong Kong citizen, she owns a home and we run together a business in Hong Kong. We invest about 400.000 HKD in that business and we hope we are going to invest 400.000 more until the end of 2012.

The business is a partnership between me and here, I'm not so sure but the investing amount I think is too small to apply for an investment visa, but also if I apply for a dependents visa there is an inconstant point about here income which is from a partnership business running together with me!!

In this conditions, what kind of visa do you suggest me to apply to, if anyone knows?

Thanks

You can't get a Dependant Visa unless you are male and married to your girlfriend.

If you are currently in Hong Kong and employed in this business then you are acting illegally and liable to deportation, so you should get the situation sorted out. (If you have simply invested money, or if you work on the business whilst residing outside HK then that is OK.)

There is no financial amount required for an Investment Visa (you are thinking of the Capital Investment Entrant Scheme, which requires $6.5M) but you do need to show a credible business plan which shows Immigration how you add value to the HK economy by employing HK people. For renewal of the visa you need to show progress against this plan.

The easiest option is simply to get married (no-one need know except the two of you, two witnesses, and Immigration).

Stockas likes this.

You two would need to marry first for a dependent visa.

thanks for your answers.
    The business plan is already done, I prepared it for the next two years, until the end of 2012 ! According to that plan I will have invest about 1 million HKD until the end of 2012, will have seven or eight employees.

About marry, I would like to, but I'm already married and my divorce is going to take a bid long to settled!

In this case, if there is a condition to be married to get a dependent visa, I think the only I can do is to apply for the investing visa, no other choice!

Yes, but take care with your application - it wouldn't be a good idea for ImmD to become aware that you are already living here illegally.

cheers