Like Tree5Likes

Domestic Helper Visa Issues

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Great.. We already have it and says we also helped her with advance salary few months back for her kids education.

Anything else I should prepare or be aware of? Was told its a very short interview.

Quote Originally Posted by rohin453:
    Anything else I should prepare or be aware of? Was told its a very short interview.
    I have never been in this position nor known anyone who has so I can't really help. If it was me I would just have a clear account of what happened and the timeline.

Hello, Great advice on this forum, thanks! Is it possible for my Indonesia DH to bring her 5 year old daughter when we move to Hong Kong? We are happy to take full responsibility for her financially. If so, what is the process? Should we get an immigration lawyer?

OK.. This was quite straight forward and no action taken against us with new DH contract stamped and sent foward. Just asked for a letter to provide an assurance you will be giving the new helper all her rights and dues. The only way to can get off the watch list is by ensuring the new helper completes or renews her contract after 2yrs.

As an observation a local Chinese employer who was also called in maybe for something similar stepped out in a rage .. Slammed the door and mumbled saying absolute waste of time!

Clara

Quote Originally Posted by Raelene Clarke:
    Hello, Great advice on this forum, thanks! Is it possible for my Indonesia DH to bring her 5 year old daughter when we move to Hong Kong? We are happy to take full responsibility for her financially. If so, what is the process? Should we get an immigration lawyer?
    Next to impossible given current visa frameworks

Wow Really??!!

"a situation" doesn't give enough information for anyone to make an informed comment in response to your case. In general terms, interviews are to see if you have genuinely learned your lesson, and the current course of events are free of inconsistencies, abnormalities, and in compliance of all procedures, and meet the requirements of immigration department policies. Don't worry, if we all do the right thing, AND tell the truth all will be as it should.

Agreed.. As long as it stays fair I am open for the system and policies. I paid my price then and there for the "a situation" and thought got over it but no!

Anyways thanks everyone for the feedback!

[QUOTE=rohin453;3592917]OK.. This was quite straight forward and no action taken against us with new DH contract stamped and sent foward. Just asked for a letter to provide an assurance you will be giving the new helper all her rights and dues. The only way to can get off the watch list is by ensuring the new helper completes or renews her contract after 2yrs.

As an observation a local Chinese employer who was also called in maybe for something similar stepped out in a rage .. Slammed the door and mumbled saying absolute waste of time!

Clara[/QUOTE
    There are good and not do good people everywhere. However, within the last three years, I have personally known many helpers who have been exploited by employers. There seems to be a trend to terminate helpers late at night instead of waiting until the next day. I cannot understand why anyone would do this without a major reason which should involve the police.

Now domestic helpers are becoming more willing to blacklist employers at their Consulates. I think that Consulates are now sharing this information.