Like Tree5Likes

Domestic Helper Visa Issues

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Domestic Helper Visa Issues

We have been waiting (and waiting) for our domestic helper's visa to clear and for her to arrive from the Phillipines. Is there any way to hire someone who is on the ground here already without having to go through such a drawn out process? If you hire someone who has finished their contract, does that also take 4-6 weeks?

From start to finish the process should take about 2-3 months. Is it just the visa that is holding things up? If so write to immigration (or take the letter in yourself) and explain that she is needed urgently (with reasons) and they can process very quickly. Has she had her "training", her medical, got approval from the Philippine Consulate, etc.?

If it is at the final, waiting for visa, stage then to start again getting someone new, even if here, will almost certainly take longer.

if you've already applied for a FDH then while you wait, you can hire the local helpers who do not need visas to work in HK (obviously!).

Finish contract dont need to go back on their place of origin if they exited the country not longer than 2 years. visa waiting process for finish contract should be less than a month all you need is an efficient agency to make things work quicker.

Last edited by beth_76; 21-07-2010 at 03:18 AM.

**if you've already applied for a FDH then while you wait, you can hire the local helpers who do not need visas to work in HK (obviously!). ***

I guess thats what they call preferences?

If you've received the Immigration card by mail with a reference number, you can fax the Director of immigration and request to expedite the processing. You do need to give a valid reason though.

I'm terminate myself then I found another employer how long I can wait my visa??

Quote Originally Posted by genevive gomez:
    I'm terminate myself then I found another employer how long I can wait my visa??
    Typically takes around a month

Hi,

Need some urgent advice.. I am an employer and had a situation with my Filipino DH almost 2 yrs back which ended up with a police case and finally settled offline.

Now when I am looking for a replacement which is a Filipino DH, I found out there will be an interview with PH consulate since I am on a watch list potentially reported by my previous DH.

Read online and there is a difference between watch list and black list. What should I expect in my interview and what are my chances frankly to make through.

I am right in middle with my current helper due to leave on her own terms in few weeks and the new one stuck due to this watch list flagging. Working parents and expats...

Appreciate any advice.

Regards,
    Clara

Needamaid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rohin453:
    Hi,

Need some urgent advice.. I am an employer and had a situation with my Filipino DH almost 2 yrs back which ended up with a police case and finally settled offline.

Now when I am looking for a replacement which is a Filipino DH, I found out there will be an interview with PH consulate since I am on a watch list potentially reported by my previous DH.

Read online and there is a difference between watch list and black list. What should I expect in my interview and what are my chances frankly to make through.

I am right in middle with my current helper due to leave on her own terms in few weeks and the new one stuck due to this watch list flagging. Working parents and expats...

Appreciate any advice.

Regards,
    Clara
    I guess they will want to hear your side of events. A letter from your current helper would be a good idea.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast