Dependent visa as a spouse of HK Permenant Resident

Closed Thread

Dependent visa as a spouse of HK Permenant Resident

I am a Hong Kong Permenant Resident who has been living and working in the UK in the last 10 years. I recently got married. My husband (who holds a Turkish Passport and is currently living in the UK) and I would like to move back to Hong Kong permenantly in September.

I have the following questions:
    (i) we would like to apply the dependent visa for my husband before we leave the UK - however, as I have been working and living in the UK in the past 10 years, all my bank statements and financial standing will be from the UK - does this matter?

(ii) we will have to find a place to live after we move to Hong Kong - how can I prove that as a sponsor I can provide my husband a suitable accomodation?

(iii) where in London can I apply the dependent visa - at the Chinese Embassy?

(iv) would you suggest that my husband should enter Hong Kong as a visitor and we try to get the dependent visa after we move back to Hong Kong for a month or so? Will this make life easier?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

financial statement

We just move here fro UK for 2 weeks. Could you tell me what is 'financial statements' they require for Dependant visa application. My husband and I just moved to Hong Kong for 2 weeks. We have our bank account in UK, but the we just open our account in Hiong Kong. His HK bank statement wouldn't say much about his financial situation. Do they accept bank statement in UK or the job offering letter which states his salary will do?
    Please help!

sbowra : if you have a marraige certificate, I would not worry too much about the financial statements. A UK bank statement showing a joint account .. or some sort of joint financial activity should be sufficient.

sbowra : if you have a marraige certificate, I would not worry too much about the financial statements. A UK bank statement showing a joint account .. or some sort of joint financial activity should be sufficient.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Et tu, KIA?

thanks a lot. You are right. It went smoothly.