Applying for Dependent Pass

Red face Applying for Dependent Pass

Hi all,

I'm just wondering how long does it take for a dependent pass to be processed and issued? When I applied for my employment pass, dependent pass holders were not allowed to work and therefore I did not ask my employer to apply a dependent pass for my husband. However, now that the rules have changed, I'm thinking of applying one for him, just in case, he decides to come over to HK to work.

On another note, what is the employment market like at the moment? My husband is the area of sales in the telecom industry in Spore. He is a channel sales manager dealing with prepaid cards. Would he have difficulties getting a job?

Thanks!

2 weeks

is how long mine took.

kids visas took 1 hour. We begged.

2 weeks, that's not too bad. At least it's shorter than waiting for my employment visa.

Quote Originally Posted by sunniefaith:
    On another note, what is the employment market like at the moment? My husband is the area of sales in the telecom industry in Spore. He is a channel sales manager dealing with prepaid cards. Would he have difficulties getting a job?
    If he speaks Cantonese, Bahasa or Tagalog then probably not, although it will depend how big a proportion of his income he's prepared to take as commission. It's a very cut-throat bit of the business.

2 weeks, that's not too bad. At least it's shorter than waiting for my employment visa.
    Faith,

How long does it takes to approve your employment visa?

Quote Originally Posted by kasumen:
    Faith,

How long does it takes to approve your employment visa?
    About 6 weeks. Have you gotten yours yet?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    If he speaks Cantonese, Bahasa or Tagalog then probably not, although it will depend how big a proportion of his income he's prepared to take as commission. It's a very cut-throat bit of the business.
    He speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin. Do you have any idea what's the commission is like here? Are the targets hard to meet?

About 6 weeks. Have you gotten yours yet?
    Oh dear, I just sent mine over to HK yesterday.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by kasumen:
    Oh dear, I just sent mine over to HK yesterday.
    Met some people yesterday a induction apparently if your company and you put enough pressure on immigration, you can get it in 5 days! I was so surprised. Hope yours come in real fast

visa time...

Met some people yesterday a induction apparently if your company and you put enough pressure on immigration, you can get it in 5 days! I was so surprised. Hope yours come in real fast
    I have to start working in time for the fall semester so the university i'm working at was able to get it within about two weeks (it should be in the mail to me right now hopefully!) their literature said it is supposed to take at least 6.