Dependant Visa / Training visa

Closed Thread

Dependant Visa / Training visa

Hello everyone,

I am moving to HK this saturday, holding a trainee visa for 12 months, (i am from French Nationality). I married my wife this july, she is from Mainland (liaoning province), i want to sponsor her as my dependant for the lenght of my stay in HK, but the information about dependants is not very clear. (about being able to sponsor someone while u hold a trainee visa).

If anyone knows how to get dependant visa for trainee holder, or a good solution for her to come, i'd be really glad to get the info !

Best regards

Baojin

I'd contact the immigration department directly. They are usually very helpful. I think the main issue is that you have to show that you can support your wife while she stays in Hong Kong and that might be difficult if you get no or a low salary.

People from Mainland cannot request any visa in HK. They have to go back to their province (or to Beijing) for asking the residence in HK.
    She needs a copy of your HK residence permit and a the marriage certificate. Better to ask Beijing anyway.
    For what I know the first visa for your wife would be for 3 months and then must be renewed.

well no, HK law is totall screwed, basically i can sponsor her if i'm from mainland (she can also have 2x3 months visa in that case), i can sponsor her as well if she is not from mainland.

But, when u are like us, mixed couple, then u can't do anything at all, all she can get is a 2x7days tourist visa. Who thought that HK is chinese since 1997 ? It's even easier to enter the Vatican ...

Baojin, the difference between sponsoring a Mainlander and a not-Mainlander is that the first has to get the visa in Mainland. while the second has to get it in HK.
    We are also a mixed couple and I understand the problem you have. But, at least, you have the HK visa. I'm still waiting...

TO be deleted, mistake...

Last edited by ceramien60; 21-11-2008 at 05:26 PM. Reason: late answer...